Seeking opinions on a trade idea before posting

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lou_NC

Bearcat
I've been looking for a MK II standard pistol in stainless with the 4.75" barrel. Based on Ruger's current naming convention I believe the MK II version of this model would be called a KMKII4. Was such a model ever made by Ruger? I see that the current KMKIII4 pistol is a "distributor exclusive" model. I'm not interested in owning a current-production MK III in any configuration, hence my search for a MK II.

I recently aquired a blued version of the same type of pistol. Actually it's the 50th anniversary model in the red box. It is NIB and before I start shooting it, I thought I might try to swing a trade for the SS version of the 4.75" standard pistol (with appropriate $$ exchange if necessary).

I'm wondering just how rare/common a KMKII4 might be? If locating one is going to be a "mission impossible" then I'll give up sooner rather than later and just start shooting my blue version. I would prefer stainless since I plan on carrying this outdoors in all weather, so I figure the trade may be worth a shot.

Thanks,
Lou

well being ALL the 'Mark II's are basically termed "MK" (versus the Mk I being,target only,with adjustable sights..) you are close ,it is a 'KMK4' just 'add' the designation for the barrel length.....to the KMK or MK......
yessir they are hard to find , as most folks that have them, keep them...it took us over a year to find one at a show for a good friend, and he waited, patiently...but we did it.....good gun, as far as I'm concerend......

Lou_NC

Bearcat
Thanks, Rugerguy. I guess I may just end up shooting my 50th anniversary pistol, if the stainless KMK4's are that scarce.

Of course, wouldn't you know that as soon as I look a little deeper I find one on Gunbroker: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =142140984

Not sure I'd be interested in spending $400 on the buy it now, plus $50 shipping (yeah right) and FFL fees, but at least I know there's at least one out there!

I guess I'll keep checking local shops and gun shows.

Lou

wow, that is a bit high, the one we found for John, was like $300 and was like new in the box...........
good luck in your search, if we do come across one at any of the upcoming gun shows, we will certainly keep you "in mind..."