Seeing Double Double Action

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
The 4" barrel round butt Speed Six was not too common, most Speed Sixes were short barrelled for concealment. The square butt Service Six was most common with the 4" barrel as an open carry sidearm. Here is a NIB consecutive pair of 4" stainless Speed Sixes in .38 Special with Heavy barrel (model GS-84H).

GS84H-Pair-159-80433-80434.jpg

Terry T

Buckeye
WOW! you've done it again!
Rare enough to find a pair with consecutive ser. no. but of the very uncommon, .38 spl. 4" Speed Six - unbelievable. :shock:

Terry T

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Double Double Terry Terry, thank you both! :D

Terry T, this is the pair I mentioned when you were asking about your GA84HP, but at that point I had not made the deal on these. In case you thought I seemed a bit evasive - I probably was ;)

I also mentioned a couple of Liberty GS84's (standard barrel before the H option existed) and may have been a little evasive about those as well. This is one of 'em:

GS84-Liberty-152-35738.jpg

I like the "357 38" number :mrgreen:

Terry T

Buckeye
My My My!
Yes, 35738 is a cool ser. no.
I did find (loose in a local shop a couple of years ago) a clean 'Liberty' GF-84. Should be a bit more common than the GS-84 but it is the only one I've seen. :shock:

Wonder what it would take to pull together a (joint in the name of RENE or some such) complete 'six series' double action display at a major show like Tulsa? The Pa. show might be easier for you - I retire in two days and will have a more flexible schedule in the future. :D
Terry T