Securitysix & Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Webster1967

Bearcat
Another new to me but not my first Security Six! Had a blued one a few years back, and at least 3 four inch barrel models. I and a speed Six. I got down to my original four inch I got from a friend. And love this thing and the monogrip Houge feels good but!?!? I think I really need some factory grips but kinda like the Badger boot grip for this.

Attachments

• IMG_1703.png
    IMG_1703.png
    176.4 KB · Views: 47
A lot depends on the size of your gripping hand. The original grips for the Six series are too small for some, and just right for others. With my hands, the Ruger "oversized" (target grips) fit me good as do the Hogue finger groove grips. Others like the Sile, Herrett, and other styles (I think even Uncle Mikes made some). For aftermarket grips you'll need to peruse eBay, Gunbroker and other such sites and keep an eye on the classifieds here, they pop up every now and then.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
CDNN has a large supply of brand new SILE rubber target and finger groove grips for the Security-Six. I just bought a set of each from them for a 4" stainless I have on the way for under $40.

Webster1967

Bearcat
I tried Herrets before didn't care for them . I tend to lean more to Micarta or wood smooth. Thinking about trying a local company that does some. Wish I could afford Sack Peterson's!

Tom-R2

Bearcat
I ordered a Tyler T-Grip for a Speed-Six I bought a while back. Sent order and check off to the mailing PO Box on the order form from the website. December 2022. Check cashed about 10 days later, cleared the bank. Still have not received anything. No answer, no email, no response to written follow-up. I was completely expecting 4-6 months, maybe even 8 months from everything I've heard. Not this long. So, I would suggest looking for an alternative if you want one. I actually found a set of Herrott grips for the Speed-six, "new" in the 35-year old box, never been on a revolver. Found it on eBay.

Latest posts