Security Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

a59magHDB

Bearcat
A while back I purchased a 4 inch blued Security Six at an estate sale. It is in like new cond. The gun and three sets of grips were in a small box, the original Ruger small grips a pair of beautiful Rogers finger groove and a set of aftermarket targets that are very nice but need some fitting.
A local part time dealer said it was made about 1981. I cant do pictures but can anyone give me an approx. value Thanks

COR

Blackhawk
I just got a 2 3/4" as gift and I snuck a peak at the tag...it was $399.00

Being it is a little bit rarer barrel length I'd say anything under $350.00 would be reasonable.

a59magHDB

Bearcat
when I bought the gun it still had heavy dried grease on hammer and trigger,was very stiff until broken down and cleaned

DGW1949

Hunter
I gave $400 for one of the newer (blued) 4" models a couple of months ago. It has the red-insert front sight, white outlined rear, and factory target grips.
It's a very clean gun, probably 99%...and it came with 4 boxes of ammo and two pair of rubber "combat" grips.

I've seen 'em around cheaper than that, so maybe I paid too much, maybe I didn't. But the way I figure it, as long as everybody is happy, everything is fine.

DGW

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Going up fast wherever I see them!

I have found very, very few in truly "As-New" condition. That is 99%, showing no evidence of post-factory firing. For those few I've seen $400 would be a starting point. With box, shipper, papers, etc even 600 clams is not out of line, for a true as-new specimen.

20-years out-of-production. Not many are as-new these days, and they are pretty desire-able handguns in any barrel length.

8)