Security-Six spring ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigkev98

Bearcat
Just wondering if there is a aftermarket spring to reduce trigger pull and also make it smoother, or is this even something you would recommend doing?

Pinecone

Blackhawk
bigkev98, Brownell's has what your looking for kit # 080-665-101AC. Smoothing (tuning) of all working surfaces goes a long way also but you have to use discretion when doing this! I would strongly recommend that you purchase Jerry Kuhnhausen's maintenance book for this series of revolver: "The Ruger Double Action Revolvers A Shop Manual, Vol. 1" also through Brownell's # 924-300-001AC. There is no finer publication ever written on this series of gun, period! My philosophy has always been to get the very best written material you can find if your going to work on guns, either for yourself or others. Kuhnhausen's manual will spell out in detail exactly "how to" do it plus the "pitfalls" to avoid! It's well worth the money. You can get "cheaper" instruction manuals, but they are just that, second rate!.......................Dick :idea:

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
I dropped a Wolff spring kit into my wife's that I got frmo MidwayUSA and it made a big improvement.

Liked it so much I had to find a SS of my own to go with my GP100.