Security-Six Spring Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ditto1958

Blackhawk
I have two Security-Six revolvers, one is a 150 series, and the other a 152. Both have Wolff springs in them. I have the springs that came out of them, but I'm not sure which springs came from which gun. The hammer springs are identical, but the trigger return springs are not. One is made from round wire, and the other is made from square wire.

The square trigger spring would come from the 152- serial number, the round one would have come from the 150- serial number. That said, if you put them back in the opposite trigger guards you probably wouldn't notice any difference. I looked at trigger guards from both a low back frame (150-) and high back frame (151- and up) and the slots cut for the spring are identical.

ditto1958

Blackhawk
RoninPA said:
The square trigger spring would come from the 152- serial number, the round one would have come from the 150- serial number. That said, if you put them back in the opposite trigger guards you probably wouldn't notice any difference. I looked at trigger guards from both a low back frame (150-) and high back frame (151- and up) and the slots cut for the spring are identical.

Thank you.