Security Six snubby price?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Smee781

Single-Sixer
A local shop has a Ruger Security Six snubby SS but it is about in 70%-75% condition and the price was $330, what do you think is a fair price for a gun in that condition, it has a few scraches and rubs on it. I am not in the market for another gun ( I already have another 357 on law-a-way at the same shop) but I love my 4" Security Six SS. What Say Yall!

BearHawk 357

Single-Sixer
I like the price but not the condition rating. This might make a good candidate for a project gun. Try to get one in 95% condition for $350. You will like it a lot better than one that is trashed on for about the same price. I like those snubbies too.....so, it's a tough decision.

dbarale

Obsolete
If you are going to carry it I would try to talk it down to $300 and get it.
If you want a collector's, you may want to wait for a nicer one. But then again, it's stainless so it should clean up nicely with a little elbow grease.
Either way, the price is a tad high but not out of line.

Smee781

Single-Sixer
I may go back tomorrow and look at it again, it is going to be a hard decision for me but I have been thinking about it for a few days now. I called today and they still have it. :?:

RUT

Single-Sixer
If you don't want/need another gun right now why not hold off until you find a "nice" one? Maybe it's just me, but I can't bring myself to buy a gun that doesn't meet my standards. :wink:

COR

Blackhawk
The SS will clean up real easy and I believe $330 is a fair deal "cuz they ain't makin' any more".

Scotch Brite pads will polish that right back to new. I love mine and it is a great "woods bumming" gun that is very accurate.

I paid $399 (well OK, it was a gift) and it was in great shape with no box or paper. I couldn't be happier.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Smee781,
The guys above gave you good advice. Take your time and make sure
you get what you want for a fair price.

Below are two that I picked up recently a GS-82 NIB (scarce) I picked up for $460.00 and a SS-32 Scalloped shield variation 97-98% for $340.00.

Like they say they are out there! Good luck to you.

Welcome to the Forum.
Terry

007-8.jpg

silvertip

Bearcat
I'll go with God's track record in the Bible, and look for the realization of Isaiah 2:2-4. This author is well-known: the Holy Spirit.

Silvertip

maxpress

Buckeye
silvertip":yezxhr1x said:
I'll go with God's track record in the Bible, and look for the realization of Isaiah 2:2-4. This author is well-known: the Holy Spirit.

Silvertip

:roll: WELLLLLLLLLLL alrighty then.....and that had to do with what??? :shock:

COR

Blackhawk
If that is a Ruger refernce in the Bible I'll have to check that out. If the Holy Spirit really did like the 2 3/4" SS Sec Six that would go a long way towards people being more accepting of firearms.

Sivertip, Did you also read that reference to "herbs" in the Bible and decide to smoke a little. I am not here to judge you, just trying to understand over a cup o' joe this morning.

silvertip

Bearcat
Greetings, folks.
A little clarification is in order. In my post, I wasn't assaying to comment negatively on the Ruger snubbys; I own a standard-size Security six, and like the snubbies you people displayed, although I didn't know Ruger made them. Therefore, I apologize for the confusion and appreciate your understanding regarding my ambiguous content. What I was addressing, and I may have misunderstood what was being said, was the slogan, "Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not." The conventional wisdom of this statement is obvious, but I surmised this may have been a possible slur against Isaiah chapter 2, which is the promise of God that one day (when Christ rules the earth) warfare will be at an end and peace will reign. The biblical wording is that men will "beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks...." (Please understand, I don't think that day has yet come!)
Some closing remarks: First, if I missed the point, again, I'm sorry; second, please don't think me rude or offhand in my previous statement; and last, I am not trying to turn a firearms' forum into a religious/spiritual blog. I do take the Bible seriously; however, I am not an ignoramus making irresponsible statements, and endeavoring to use God or the Bible as a means to facillitate some idiotic agenda. There are enough of those folks out there, and as a college professor in an accredited, theological institution, I do my best to correct them and assist people in the theological learning process.
You guys did make me laugh with your comments, which in one sense, were understandable. Last, but not least, no personal affront to the possessor of that statement I quoted. Oh, and by the way, I love my country dearly but I love God more. Often the two are going the same way, but not always. I hope that helps a bit.
Silvertip

BearHawk 357

Single-Sixer
Oh.....right.....that really clears things up......

.....for a while there I thought you were freakin crazy.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

P.S. I'm still lost. Maybe baby Jesus carried a snubby six series Ruger or something.

Perhaps I missed that part.........amen.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
silvertip":owdpcvad said:
Greetings, folks.
A little clarification is in order. In my post, I wasn't assaying to comment negatively on the Ruger snubbys; I own a standard-size Security six, and like the snubbies you people displayed, although I didn't know Ruger made them. Therefore, I apologize for the confusion and appreciate your understanding regarding my ambiguous content. What I was addressing, and I may have misunderstood what was being said, was the slogan, "Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not." The conventional wisdom of this statement is obvious, but I surmised this may have been a possible slur against Isaiah chapter 2, which is the promise of God that one day (when Christ rules the earth) warfare will be at an end and peace will reign. The biblical wording is that men will "beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks...." (Please understand, I don't think that day has yet come!)
Some closing remarks: First, if I missed the point, again, I'm sorry; second, please don't think me rude or offhand in my previous statement; and last, I am not trying to turn a firearms' forum into a religious/spiritual blog. I do take the Bible seriously; however, I am not an ignoramus making irresponsible statements, and endeavoring to use God or the Bible as a means to facillitate some idiotic agenda. There are enough of those folks out there, and as a college professor in an accredited, theological institution, I do my best to correct them and assist people in the theological learning process.
You guys did make me laugh with your comments, which in one sense, were understandable. Last, but not least, no personal affront to the possessor of that statement I quoted. Oh, and by the way, I love my country dearly but I love God more. Often the two are going the same way, but not always. I hope that helps a bit.
Silvertip

No Harm No Foul!!!! :wink:. I for one appreciate your candor!!!!!
Welcome to the forum too!!!
Terry

maxpress

Buckeye
HMMMM. and i thought you had visited the smokey teepee on the east side of the camp. not really sure you didnt but thats ok.

well that kinda clears things up but thats really somthing you should save for sundays in your own house of worship.

ANYWAY, welcome to the forum since i havnt had the pleasure yet.