Security Six round butt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Covering a round butt with a rubber bumper is not much different than putting a rubber bumper on a square butt. To each his own, however.

Now a round butt with the original Speed Six grips... ecstacy. These grips are so slim and trim and svelte. They carry easily and are equally nice shooting.
That revolver brings back memories. But sometime around 1980 i had a short barrel security six just like that. It had the square butt. Im pretty sure you couldn't get one with adjustable sights and the round butt. So I decided to make mine a round butt. I ordered a set of speed six round butt grips and stuck the gun in a vice and put on the round grips and traced on the grip frame. I spent hours filing and polishing by hand. When I finished it looked just like it came from Ruger just like that. I eventually traded it in at a gun in Rutherfordton, N C. Toney's gun shop. He said he didn't know you could get the speed six with adjustable sights. I told him I had done that. He said it looked factory. I always regretted getting rid of that revolver. I wonder if yours is the same one.

That revolver brings back memories. But sometime around 1980 i had a short barrel security six just like that. It had the square butt. Im pretty sure you couldn't get one with adjustable sights and the round butt. So I decided to make mine a round butt. I ordered a set of speed six round butt grips and stuck the gun in a vice and put on the round grips and traced on the grip frame. I spent hours filing and polishing by hand. When I finished it looked just like it came from Ruger just like that. I eventually traded it in at a gun in Rutherfordton, N C. Toney's gun shop. He said he didn't know you could get the speed six with adjustable sights. I told him I had done that. He said it looked factory. I always regretted getting rid of that revolver. I wonder if yours is the same one.
There's no secrets here, and I'd like to know too.:unsure: