Security Six Questions NOW W/PICS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
Hi Guys!

Update: Seriel number points to 1974 as the year this was made! Pretty nice for a 35 year old gun!

I have what appears to me to be a brand new in the box Security Six with instruction booklet, complete warranty card, plastic cylinder ring/disk and shipper sleeve. This one is the 6 inch Blued version. The trigger is serrated.

I am going to try to sell it I think as somebody who collects may be hoping for such a piece.

Anyway, the prefix is 151- and I guess my main question is to me it appears that the frame color is a little more puple than the rest of the gun. It looks to have a differant tint to it. Was this normal?

I was told in it's condition, I should be able to get around $550, shipped. Is that true or not?

I can try and get some pictures tomorrow but the gun has a filmy (greasy?) feel to it, so the pics will look bad unless I clean it good, which I am not sure if I should do that or not!?

Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Tagg

Got pics.....

ss6-1.jpg

ss6-2.jpg

Box.jpg

Box1.jpg

Box2.jpg

Ship1.jpg
[/b]

contender

Ruger Guru
That purple (or plum as we collectors call it,) is a desirable trait. A few more details would help,, especially the end label description such as; RDA-36 for the collectors to know what they might need for their collection. Don't worry about pics,, take them anyway,, and post them with an explaniation.
As for pricing,, I can't help much there. I'm more of a SA guy.

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
Thanks Guys!

The box says: Catalog No. RDA36 6" Bbl. Adj. Sights

I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Truely "NIB" and unfired condition is desireable indeed. I have two such guns and unfired since the factory (some twenty-years ago) is a tough search when that's what one wants.

$550 is not uncommon (I have a SS 4" in same condition FS (RCA gun), but most people want shooters, which comprise 98%+ of the guns out there. Try to find one in similar condition, to set your "let go" price.

:D

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
Added some pics for your viewing pleasure and comments.

Thanks for the help!