Security Six - 4" Blue

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I'm fairly new to the forum and I've been meaning to post some pics of this gun and finally found some time to do it!

I acquired this some time back and it's been sitting in the safe. Serial number is 150-02xxx.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

It's the first time I've tried photos here - so hope it works!

Condition is close to "as new" (not LNIB, as missing paperwork). I can't see evidence that it's ever been fired, and only blemish is a small scratch on back of cylinder.

I also have a stainless 2 3/4" bbl security six which I use routinely, and I've owned it for many years - since late 70's. I own a number of Smith revolvers, but I do like the Rugers (I have a number of single action Rugers as well.)

Just sharing, but interested in thoughts of value as collector's item, and also interested in availability of instruction manual for an early revolver like this. Thanks.

RUT

Single-Sixer
That's a beauty, and even has the original "hard-to-get" grips!! I have one of these in stainless (although a bit later) as well as a Service Six w/ 2.75" barrel. (also stainless) Great guns all around!! :eek:

nhlever

Bearcat
That is a very nice early "slim barrel" Security Six! They made both that barrel, and a heavy barrel for a while too, but the slim barreled ones were first. I worked on the production line fitting trigger guards, and cranes until early in 1972 so I might have even fit that one!

rugerrat

Single-Sixer
cellar701":9iayk3vd said:
I'm fairly new to the forum and I've been meaning to post some pics of this gun and finally found some time to do it!

I acquired this some time back and it's been sitting in the safe. Serial number is 150-02xxx.

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Condition is close to "as new" (not LNIB, as missing paperwork). I can't see evidence that it's ever been fired, and only blemish is a small scratch on back of cylinder.

I also have a stainless 2 3/4" bbl security six which I use routinely, and I've owned it for many years - since late 70's. I own a number of Smith revolvers, but I do like the Rugers (I have a number of single action Rugers as well.)

Just sharing, but interested in thoughts of value as collector's item, and also interested in availability of instruction manual for an early revolver like this. Thanks.

You are off to a good start in collecting the old frame Six Series revolvers. That's a beautiful specimen of an RDA-34 you've got there! Congrat's! Now, all you need to do is to add an RDA32 2-3/4" old frame Security-Six to go with your 4", as follows:
P1000852.jpg

P1000853.jpg

rugerrat

Single-Sixer
cellar701":2ps37aut said:

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

You are off to a good start in collecting the old frame Six Series revolvers. That's a beautiful specimen of an RDA-34 you've got there! Congrat's! Now, all you need to do is to add an RDA32 2-3/4" old frame Security-Six to go with your 4", as follows:
P1000852.jpg

P1000853.jpg

triplebike

Bearcat
I picked up the exact same pistol a little over a month ago. I added a "Tyler T-Grip" to it. Been to my local range with it & it's a fun shooter. I need to figure out how to post photo's. There are some oversized Grips made by " Jay Scott" on Ebay for the 150-XXXX models.