Second Gun In The Box

Help Support Ruger Forum:

When John told me he finished my JT/SS tribute gun he surprised me and also said he had finished another gun that had been down in Jasper for some time. I was surprised because I had actually told John to keep this gun and all the parts and explain to his son Isaac what parts I had sent and why I had picked those particular parts. I said when Isaac got more comfortable doing revolver work he could put this gun together and sell it or hang on to it. With that said, I figured the gun would live in Jasper. John apparently had been working on this gun without me knowing it and he wrapped it up and sent it to.

I had sent him an old model Blackhawk in 45 Colt with the short barrel along with a Jim Stroh front sight, a Bowen rear sight, a Powers two piece brass grip frame, a bisley spurred hammer from David Clements and a few other parts such as an old model 45 acp cylinder. John put it all together, did the action work, fit the brass parts and made the grips out of some nice walnut I had sent him. Another nice one I will be handing down to my kids some day. Thank you John.
FQ4Wk0M.jpg

UALrQN4.jpg

DHD

Single-Sixer
I'm a stainless revolver guy, but the more I look at these CCH frames, I see one of these beauties in my future.

I understand why this revolver is special to you Robb, and think this is a keeper for many reasons. I came in too late to have Gallagher build me one, but maybe I'll be able to snatch up one of his long cylinder 44 Magnum BH's.

The brass frame is a subtle addition to the overall look (the "look" is fantastic).