Scratched up S&W 29-2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rdf009

Single-Sixer
Picked this one up on gunbroker the other day. It has a few scratches here and there, but a guy could get used to it. :wink:

100_2752_zps545df601.jpg

100_2756_zps428ecd90.jpg

100_2792_zps2d27fb00.jpg

knighthawk

Bearcat
I think it is to scratched up for you. So just send it to me I will put it in my safe. P.S I will be nice and pay shipping on it ....... NICE GUN by the way

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Some Flitz and very fine steel wool oughta restore that back to a nice brushed finish in no time!

Very nice even w/ the scratches, though. Looks like ya done good!

Rick C

rdf009

Single-Sixer
Lee Martin said:
Beautifully done. Did S&W engrave it or was it scratched post-factory?

I'm 99% sure that it's factory engraved, but I'll be 100% sure (hopefully) when the factory letter gets here.

cruzerlou

Buckeye
Nice gun ,I like it .I've got a set of the same Houge grips for my 6" M-29-2 ,I'm in the middle of refinishing them right now .the stock target grips are a bit too big for my hands to aquire a corect firing grip .
If you do deside to shoot that puppy you'll find those grips make a huge diffrence in pointabilty and control of the gun .
I think i'm gonna have my beloved 1986 3" S.S. M-657 round butt finger groved grip engraved next year when I get my taxes back .
It's a pre Lew Hortom Distributing 3" that came from the S&W custom shop and it's a pre producting prototype and wasn't even listed in the S&W catalog .
It took me a lot of research and help from S&W even to find a production date on my gun.
Weather or not you shoot it ,enjoy it,it's a work of art ,I'd love to have it .
Louie

Doc4429

Single-Sixer
Your 29-2 will letter a being factory engraved (Class A). It is one of the contract-engraved guns that was sent to Italy for the work. S&W began the practice of sending guns there for engraving in the mid-70s in order to keep up with demand and keep the price down.

Bill