Scored SBH 3 screw

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lfpiii

Blackhawk
I went to a gun show the other day just to look. I did not have plans to buy anything until I spotted a SBH 3 screw 7-1/2 with original box and all the paper work. The gun and box looked to be about 99%. The dealer which I have known for years was selling items from the estate of a collector for the family. He mentioned that I could chose between the two he had. I ended up buying both as they had consecutive serial numbers. So I ended up with two 7-1/2 SBH 3 screws unconverted with the boxes for a total of $825 out the door for both.

My question is if back in the day you could order consecutive serial numbers? I know you can order that way today but what about 50 years ago?

contender

Ruger Guru
At $425 per gun,, for OM's in their boxes in the condition you described,, you did VERY, VERY good. And to answer your question,,, (hidden behind the gloating,,,) no,, getting consecutive guns was NOT done by ordering them. Not very often unless you knew someone at the factory.

REP1954

Blackhawk
I get a warm fuzzy feeling just thinking of the guns let alone the deal. Did you talk him down or was that the sacrifice price?