Scope suggestions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

aroostook

Bearcat
I am new to this forum but have been a fan of it for some time now. I recently, after many years of talking myself out of it, purchased a clark custom 10/22. I bought what I thought was an excellant scope for it but noticed that when I got it home (Pentax 3x-15x) I could not take advantage of the 15x at distances less than 40 yards or so. Any time I cranked the power, it would get blurry. Any suggestions on a new purchase? I'll put that scope on a different rifle, I dont want the low end to be more that 4x. Aslo could someone explain how the AO feature works. What will I see when i turn the knob. Thanks.

Snake45

Hawkeye
AO puts the reticle and the image in the same focal plane so the two don't move around relative to each other if your eye isn't exactly centered. I consider AO to be a MUST in a good .22 scope.

Does your Pentax have AO?

Did you try focusing the eyepiece?

Not sure I can think of a circumstance in which I'd need or even want 15X at less than 40 yards. Most of my .22 rifles have 3x-9xs but I seldom turn them up past 6X until I'm at at least 50 yards. At 25 yards I crank them down to 3X.

Snake45

Hawkeye
aroostook":38g94m0w said:
Thanks for getting back to me. No my pentax doesnt have AO. so let me ask this, if it did, would I be able to focus at shorter distances?
I think you would.

Pinecone

Blackhawk
aroostook, Welcome to the forum! I lived in the "county" for 3 years back in the early 70's. Great hunting and fishing up there! I have had a Tasco 4 X Golden Antler scope on my 10/22 since that scope came out! Can't remember exactly how long ago that was but I have shot hundreds of squirrels and varmints with it, most within 35 yards but some out as far as 100 yards and I love it! Good prices on Tasco scopes at Wally-World. You wouldn't go wrong with a Tasco 4 X on "your" 10/22!................Dick :wink:

Latest posts