Scope on 22/45 MIII Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

My upper takes a decent whack to get loose, so I'd say if your upper doesn't slide right off, then yes.

pocketrocket47

Bearcat
fancypicker":2vz8664e said:
My upper takes a decent whack to get loose, so I'd say if your upper doesn't slide right off, then yes.

Mine also took a big whack to get off. I disassembled/assembled it 3 times and finally think I get it mastered. After the first whack the 2nd and 3rd barrel release was smooth. I left the scope on but had to re-tighten the screws (this time with some lock-tite. Spent most of the afternoon doing this. It was therapeutic to say the least. Thanks for your reply. Stay Safe.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
pocketrocket47":29kh62jd said:
Mine also took a big whack to get off. I disassembled/assembled it 3 times and finally think I get it mastered.
Congrats on your new 22/45 and for learning early on how to field strip it. For what it's worth (though probably not necessary), I always take my scope or red dot off of my MKIII512 before disassembly.

pocketrocket47

Bearcat
Thanks. Reading many posts the D/A process was intimidating but in actual practice not so bad.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
pocketrocket47":3b844upd said:
Thanks. Reading many posts the D/A process was intimidating but in actual practice not so bad.
Like anything else ... it's easier with practice :wink: