Scope adjustment question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
Lately I have been buying old Tasco scopes from Japan. For some reason I like them. I like the price, less than $20 bucks on Ebay, and they are really clear. From what I understand the same firms in Japan produced Nikon and other high end scopes during the 1970's.

Today while mounting yet another basic Japanese Tasco 4x on another
Marlin 60, I noticed that the windage adjustment knob was right over the ejection port. I didn't want it smacked with ejecting shells, So I flipped it around so the knob is now straight up, and the elevation knob is now on the left side of the gun.
So here is the stupid question- Since I flipped the scope over 180 degrees, do the windage and elevation knobs work the same way?
If I now turn the windage knob in the "R" direction will it still move the bullet to the right since I have the scope basically upside down?

Sig685

Single-Sixer
I think you mean that you rotated the scope 90 degrees, not 180. At this point the windage turret will now act as your elevation turret and the elevation turret on the left side will act as your windage turret.

I seriously doubt that the same firms that produced Nikons in the 70s would have been making Tasco. For one thing, Nikon made its own lenses, that is their claim to fame.

gatorhugger

Blackhawk
Sig685":2v1cpdt1 said:
I think you mean that you rotated the scope 90 degrees, not 180. At this point the windage turret will now act as your elevation turret and the elevation turret on the left side will act as your windage turret.

I seriously doubt that the same firms that produced Nikons in the 70s would have been making Tasco. For one thing, Nikon made its own lenses, that is their claim to fame.

You are correct, I meant 90 degrees. Thanks for the information, I couldn't wrap my mind around it. So whatever knob is on top is the elevation now.
Since the windage is now the elevation, and is marked Right and left,
Which way do I move the dial to get bullets up or down???
Maybe I should have just let the shells smack the knob! :)

Sig685

Single-Sixer
Well for windage, up is left and down is right. For elevation left is up and right is down. Simple.

On the other hand if you can swap the caps that would help you or use a felt pen and make your own.

63November

Single-Sixer
Sig685":uephber3 said:
Well for windage, up is left and down is right. For elevation left is up and right is down. Simple.

On the other hand if you can swap the caps that would help you or use a felt pen and make your own.

Or rather, for elevation, right is up and left is down; I'm quite sure that's what you meant. Yes it does challenge those who aren't spacially adept. BTDT with a rifle or two which refused to shuck a case out when it would hit the turret cover.