SCCY pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

toysoldier

Hunter
My favorite pawn shop owner showed me one of these today. It's a very lightweight 9mm compact. However, a little web searching brought up some troubling comments. Has anyone had any experience with this gun? Is this yet another Florida company making too-cheap firearms?

Xsales

Buckeye
Hey

I have had several SCCY 9mm over the years and everyone worked perfectly for me.

They have a 100% lifetime warranty which I never needed.

I have no issues with them at all.

Xsales

boomer92266

Single-Sixer
i have one got it in early december, have put about 400rds thru it. no problems at all its fired all 400 flawless, sccy c.s. is very friendly and helpful. they did have trouble from the first models, the aluminum frame and safety issue. but sccy told me any of the ones with serial numbers above 25,000 have all the new upgrades. and if you buy one of the lower numbers, even used sccy will upgrade it no charge. also they now have a kit which they will send free that removes the safety all together. i think they are the best deal going in a 9mm right now, i'm gonna carry mine concealed when i get my ccwp.

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
Exploded views shows them to be a copy of the Kel-Tec P11. I've never owned a sccy but I have owned the Kel-Tec PF9(basically a slim P11 w/rail) and P3AT and both were flawless.

I've read alot of bad things about the early models as well but if they fixed them and the price is right I guess it would be worth a shot.