SBH w/ factory brass box ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hey you Ruger collector dudes, I have a question for you. I recently stumbled onto a SBH that was shipped from the factory is the MR-3BD brass grip frame. While I bought it for a conversion project, it's status as being a factory gun saved it from such debasement. What would the box for such a gun look like and does the factry brass frame option get stated on the end of the box? It was shipped in Sept of 1972 according to the sweet lady at Ruger who is also sending the verification letter to me.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give. I figure if the gun gets to live out the rest of it's life in factfory form, I might as well try to find a proper box to go with it.

contender

Ruger Guru
The correct box would be a black/red 2 piece box with a brown shipper. I do believe that the box did NOT have anything showing it was a brassie,,, but that the SHIPPER did by adding a "B" to the model info; "S-47B"

Shipper! Shoot guys, I'm such a converter type guy I'm even lucky I thought to call Ruger and find out it is a factory brassie. I know I don't want to be tarred and feathered so this one will stay stock. It probably won't stay at my house, but it will stay stock in someones collection. I guess I better subscribe to Chad's RENE to get a ballpark figure so I know what it is worth as trading stock. :lol:

flatgate

Hawkeye
102016401.jpg

Here's a BP-7B. Note the "B" on the shipper.

flatgate

chet15

Hawkeye
contender":fj1d4heo said:
The correct box would be a black/red 2 piece box with a brown shipper. I do believe that the box did NOT have anything showing it was a brassie,,, but that the SHIPPER did by adding a "B" to the model info; "S-47B"

The ones that were unletterable before were marked with a red "B" in what looks like it was done with a colored pencil, on the end of the shipping sleeve,
Chet15

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Robb,

In terms of value, I have seen them sell recently for anywhere from $1250 to $2500.

It really depends on the market at the time you put it up for sale. By that, I mean how you market it (internet, internet auction site, etc...) and timing. As I'm sure you know, summer is a tough time to sell guns.

Personally, I value them in the $1750 range, but with the understanding that they are really only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

As a point of reference, there was one that sold about a month ago on GunBroker for $1850, with the shipper:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =132213831

Just my $0.02.

BB45C

Well the letter came today from K.M. Pritula, Custodian of Records for Ruger. It states that the gun shipped in September of 1972 as a S47 with the factory installed brass grip frame. They even included an owners manual with parts list in the package. Hats off to the Ruger Record Dept. :D

Latest posts