SBH front sight too low

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Big Caliber

Bearcat
I found some posts in the revolver forum but I'm going to ask anyway...Are there any tall after-market front sights available to put on my NMSBK? Or is sending it back to Ruger my only option? If so...how do I go about shipping a revolver out of Schwartz-a-noddle land? I have heard that USPS won't do it nor will UPS.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Give us more info so we can help.

Bowen has developed a replacement blade that any decent machine shop could install in a short period of time.

flatgate

flatgate

Hawkeye
Big Caliber":24imsy4d said:
Schwartz-a-noddle land?

Is that a town in a Mel Brooks movie?

:D

ROFLMAO!

OK, I get it........ the home of the San Andreas Fault. Or, otherwise known as "good-bye, we'll be moving west" land.

That's nuttin', around here it's the "Yellowstone Cauldera" that's supposed to put this section of the U.S. into orbit around Mars......

flatgate

Big Caliber

Bearcat
That should of been "Schwartz-a-noodle Land". :oops: Anyway, more info: the gun is a Ruger, New Model, Super Blackhawk, 44 caliber, stainlees steel, 7 1/2" barrel. Un-fluted cylinder. The front sight is a stainless steel "bar" with an itty-bitty pin going through it roughly 3/8" from the muzzle. It appears to be holding, on top, the black front blade which is about 3/4" long and maybe 1/2" tall at the front and ramps down to 3/16" at the back. Is that a pin or a screw holding it in? A guy on another forum said I need to be loading up hotter, faster loads and the problem would disappear. What do you think?

flatgate

Hawkeye
I shoot 300 grain bullets at 1300 fps out of my New Model Supers and yes, I needed to install taller front sight blades.

Order the blade for a 4-5/8" stainless .45 cal. Blackhawk, it's the tallest made. Order a couple extra "roll pins", as well.

Or, one can get a scrap of 1/8" cold rolled steel and make your own....
157334697.jpg

flatgate