SBH 32573 Brass Grip Frame

Help Support Ruger Forum:

308longdistance

Blackhawk
SBH No prefix # 32573. Has a MR-3DB brass grip frame.

Is this SBH listed as a factory shipped S4XB. I do not know the length, it's been cut to 5". :shock:

Thanks.

SATCOM

Blackhawk
308longdistance,

Sorry your serial number not on Dugan's list. However 33648 lowest # and 36420 highest of 20 listed.

SATCOM

chet15

Hawkeye
Just because it is not on Dougan's list does not mean it is not a factory S47B. There are several known that do letter which are not on that list.
There were more than 20. In fact, JD wrote there were 126 in an RCA Journal article before his last book came out. I don't think there are 126 of them because most of those that are known do show up on that list of 20.
Get a factory letter on it, you may be extremely gratified if you do.
Chet15

While I usually trust Dougan's info, whenever there's a possibility of an unusual situation, asking for opinions is good, but a letter is better. Take Chet's advice.

JMHO

:)

street

Hunter
There is no reason to think that Dougan's information that he has in his book is wrong, unfortunate it is not complete. It might be a pleasant surprise if you ask for a letter.

street

Hunter
Yes they are a few, quite rare. Hank Williams Jr. has the only one that is a brass frame super with a "6 1/2" in. bl. Only one to letter.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
BUY THE BOOK(S) :!: ........SECOND, WE USED TO HAVE A STICKY ON THE ADDENDUM TO JD'S BOOK, RIGHT? 8) :?: SO.........I ADDED IT BACK(WAS ON MY FAVORITES LIST, THANKFULLY) AND IT NEEDS TO BE A STICKY ONCE AGAIN! :wink:

NOTE: HAS BEEN REPLACED ON THE "STICKYS" :D

Latest posts