Saw SR 22 for the first time today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Gutpile Charlie

Bearcat
Waltzed into my local gun emporium this afternoon and the pusher showed me the latest offering from Ruger, the SR-22 rifmfire, "tactical", 10/22 variation.

My first impression? Cute, well made, overpriced and another answer to an unasked question!

COME ON, GIMME A BREAK!

When will we see the "old" Sturm Ruger company with well thought out products, built to last forever, priced right and fulfilling a niche that needed to be filled?

They seemed to have missed it lately. This, along with the LCP, the revolver and the AR derivation are not what I would like to see Ruger making. Some where along the line it seems their train has jumped the track.

Giove me the old days....please! :roll:

9x19

Hunter
The old days?!

No thanks!

I like the new offerings from Ruger... some are quite innovative, some just imitative, but all are nice to see from my perspective!

1022SR.jpg

CraigC

Hawkeye
You know, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Ruger is producing a lot of great new products from the standardization of the .44Spl Blackhawk and the new .41Mag flat-top to the SR556 and SR22 yet people still complain. If you don't like the SR-22, don't buy it! There are 44 variations of the 10-22, it's pathetic that people get so bent ouf of shape over the FOUR tactical-styled rifles while those who like the traditional guns have FORTY variations to choose from.

FunkyD":34wewg94 said:
The Tapco 10/22 seems to be pretty much all that the SR is for a LOT less $
Except that the Tapco is all plastic and what you see is what you get while the SR-22 uses the aluminum Nordic chassis and is compatible with all aftermarket AR-15 buttstocks, grips and forends.