saw a ruger lcr...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

IrvJr

Single-Sixer
when ruger first annouced their new LCR revolver, I thought it was a very ugly, odd looking firearm. however, the other week i got an opportunity to handle one in person. i was impressed. i have owned an SP101 in the past and currently have an all steel J-frame, and an alloy/titanium J-Frame. the Ruger LCR felt really good in the hand. I really liked the ergonomics. It's as light as my alloy/Ti J-frame, but the grip and pointability of the gun seem to be even better than the J-frame.

anyway, I was impressed!

Also, i had the opportunity to handle the new SR-9. I was also impressed. The gun that i handled seemed to be really well made and i liked the ergonomics.

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
I purchased an LCR. Great trigger. Too big for me to pocket carry. No vast improvement in perceived recoil between the LCR and my Centennial airweight with Crimson Trace LG-405's.

The SR? I consider it a poor distant third choice to a Glock Or M&P. Every one I have examined has an absolutly atrocious trigger. And the safety lever is too darn small.

YMMV

Like them both. Cannot compare to others (S&W) as I have never shot one, but at the range it gets high marks.
On the SR9, I really like mine. Just ran 250 rds through it today and have never had an issue. Shoots all factory loads that I have used without a jam up or misfed.
Check out the new SR9c. It looks intersting.

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
I love mine. I also have a s&W airweight 642 and they both soot abut the same.

As far as recoil, what do you expect from such a light gun? But it is not hard to shoot and recoil is very manageable fro such a light gun.

nn

Single-Sixer
I'm not going to shoot +P, so I thought the recoil was good.

E

Single-Sixer
I got to handle one today for the first time at a gun show. I really wished I had thrown my S&W 442 in the car because I think I would have traded it for the LCR (really, for ONE of the LCR's at the show -- I probably saw a dozen among the different dealers).

I like the Smith's looks a bit more, and I put a longer factory grip on the 442 that feels better to me than the shorter boot grip style of the LCR, but the LCR wins for trigger pull and sight picture. I'm starting to envision one replacing the 442 in my future.

VictimNoMore

Bearcat
Everything you have all said is true about the LCR:

1. The trigger action is to die for. Really.
2. It is a little bit punchy to shoot, but it doesn't "hurt" to shoot it.

Two very valuable qualities to have in a CCW weapon these days. I either pocket carry (in a pocket holster...some jeans/khakis work better than others) or carry it IWB with a Mr. Smoothy holster.

ranger7

Bearcat
Sold two pre-lock 642s and now carry two LCRs. One IWB (strong side), one in pocket holster (weak side). I thought Smith J frames were as good as you can get. I was wrong.

Latest posts