Saw a lightweight single six ?????????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A1tommygun

Bearcat
Saw a lightweight single six at a shop today. All blue with a matte silver cylinder. Where they made that way? $249, good price? Looked to be in pretty good shape, but I did not ask to see it out of the case.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
They came with silver cylinder FRAMES but not silver cylinders.

Original is called a "tri-color" because the cylinder is kind of gold, then the second type had a black frame and cylinder ans is called "all blue" (but the cylinder is still alloy. Then came a steel cylinder all-blue model. And then years later, some dual-tone factory second guns were completed and sold with steel cylinders but silver frames.

62391875.jpg

A1tommygun

Bearcat
I went back and looked at the LIghtweight again, the cylinder was a greenish gold, walnut grips without madallions, sn 21177....I think 1.
It was dirty but looked in very good shape with a little holster wear and slight thinning of the blue on the barrel. I would have it in my hand right now except, some knuckle head very neatly scribed Thompson on both sides of the frame. That just kinda ruins it for me.

SBH4628

Blackhawk
A1tommygun":67dc4e0m said:
I went back and looked at the LIghtweight again, the cylinder was a greenish gold, walnut grips without madallions, sn 21177....I think 1.
It was dirty but looked in very good shape with a little holster wear and slight thinning of the blue on the barrel. I would have it in my hand right now except, some knuckle head very neatly scribed Thompson on both sides of the frame. That just kinda ruins it for me.
Offer $200.00 and see if they take it 8)

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
A1tommygun":2oyto08p said:
cylinder was a greenish gold, walnut grips without madallions, sn 21177

If it was 201177 then it should be a tri-color with silver frame, flat loading gate, and that greenish gold cylinder would be correct.

If it was 21177x then it should have a steel cylinder and black frame.

The lightweights all have 6 digits in the SN. Just 21177 would be a standard flatgate with steel frame and 5.5" barrel.

If the alloy cylinder is in good shape, it would be worth over $100 by itself (I seem to recall seeing one sell for close to $200 not long ago).

The grips sound wrong, they should have medallions and most likely be the black checkered plastic type. But there may very well be over $250 worth of parts in it if the grip frame is nice and it still has original lockwork.

radicalrod

Hunter
Gosh maybe it has an S somewhere....wood grips and all on a blue framed gun????? Nah just dreaming.....gosh just reread the description.....no medallion grips.....ah my dream is now a nightmare......see ya RR.