SAW A BLUE REDHAWK

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wapiti22

Blackhawk
Was at the local Fun shop yesterday and saw a blue, 5 inch Redhawk in 44 mag. Store guy said it was a Lew Horton limited release. Asking $875.

Anybody have any info on these ?

Valmet

Single-Sixer
I'm unfamiliar with them but I've contacted Ruger in the past as I'd love to see a .45ACP/.45LC Redhawk with a blue finish. I'm not holding my breath.

Just not a big stainless guy.

hittman

Staff member
From Ruger's web site:

Lew Horton Distributor Exclusive

Model: 5014
Caliber: 44 Rem Mag
Capacity: 6
Grips: Rosewood
Barrel Length: 5.50"

From my gun safe:

The "original" offering. This one in 41 Magnum.

zvGPw03h.jpg

Sugar River

Buckeye
IMO, the blue Redhawks were some of the most handsome revolvers ever made. The polish and bluing were
quite stunning seen in the flesh.

SargeMO

Single-Sixer
Valmet said:
I'm unfamiliar with them but I've contacted Ruger in the past as I'd love to see a .45ACP/.45LC Redhawk with a blue finish. I'm not holding my breath.

You & me both!

Blue Redhawks clean up pretty good...

RHstags-1.jpg

z1r

Single-Sixer
SargeMO said:
Valmet said:

You & me both!

Blue Redhawks clean up pretty good...

RHstags-1.jpg

I like.

I picked up a 5.5" Blued Redhawk a couple of years ago from a customer of mine. Didn't have a need but the price was too good to pass up. I really like it.

Love the grips on yours, they are quite good looking!

5of7

Hunter
I happen to own a 5-1/2" Redhawk w/blue finish. One of the older guns before they quit making them. Like most Redhawks, it shoots good with the right load.

But if I had to choose just one Redhawk, it would be the 4.2" in .45 LC. It is quite portable and powerful. I load a 275 gr. flat point to 1100 fps in it and with the right grip, it is easy to control. I have never shot anything with it, but I think anything that gets hit with that load would be in a world of hurt.

Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
I've had a couple of SS Redhawk .44s, but let them both go down the road. I recently acquired a 5.5" blued version and I think it's gonna stay with me. Shot it Friday, and I really like it, but I'm going to need a taller front sight. With the 295 grain cast SWCs that I want to shoot in it, I was still a good 4-5" high at 25 yards with the rear sight bottomed out. Anyone know where I can get a taller front sight? Don't want a hi-viz, I want a plain blue, red insert, or brass bead.