Saving Reloading Big Bore Ammo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Just got a new batch of bullets 1500 250 gr RNFP cost 118.00 shipped to my door come to just under 8 cents ea. Primers about 3 cents each and powder 7.5grs of Unique about 3cents. Total comes to 14 cents for each round which comes to 7 bucks a box of 50.

That's a bargan IMO haven't bought factory stuff in quitesome time but they got be 30.00 something a box. Still resonable enough to shoot em up :D :D

If any one is interested been getting my cast bullets from M&P cast bullets out of Brattleboro vt. Great guy fast shipping and a decent bullet. He has no internet or computer you gotta call him. He gets 35 dolars per 500 45 colt RNFP 250gr. 20 hardness, can get 1500 in a flat rate box for 13 bucks. Come to 118.00 to your door for 1500 bullets. Hard to beat for plinkin ammo. 802 254 5296 ps

dreamer56

Bearcat
That is a fair price shipped! I have endured a pretty hefty price increase over the last year by the local supplier - good projectiles - but lead prices were rising awfully quickly as more locals were getting into reloading - especially the larger calibers. Thanks for sharing - marked down his phone number. :)

Bucks Owin":25zuwqc1 said:
Just think what you'd save casting your own bullets... :wink: (And a water dropped wheelweight bullet is plenty hard, whatever it's brinell is..) Dennis

No doubt, I've been collecting all kinds of lead for a while now, and reading about it by next winter I should be doing some casting can't wait. But in the mean time still lookin for cheap plinking ammo. :) ps