Savage Collectors 1895

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I did a trade on a nice rifle this weekend. Already have "buyers remorse" as I'm more of a bolt guy and this is more of a collector item.
It has an Octagon barrel, and a brass looking front sight, nice wood and Savage 1895 on the receiver. What can you folks tell me about it and does anyone have any interest in it? What is it worth. I could get some pictures out. Only thing I noticed on it, is it's missing the elevator part for the rear sight. Appears to be immaculate. No box though.
PLEASE HELP!!!

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
The Savage 1895 was only made for a few years , 1895-1899. Then they improved it and called it the 1899.
They were only made in .303 Savage caliber.
They did make a replica 1895 anniversary model in 1970. These were in 308 caliber.
If yours is in immaculate condition ( without seeing it ) , I would think it has been refinished or it is an Anniversary model.
It would be hard to put a price on it without seeing it.

Forgot I posted this. It actually sold quickly. I wasn't trying to make a bunch of money, just getting my money out of it, and helping someone. Sold it for $700 plus $40 shipping=$740, checks in the mail. I seldom do that but at least I didn't get hurt. I'm not to knowledgeable on Savages but it looked like a nice one, made in 1970 as has been stated, and is a 70th year commemorative. If someone is just curious pm me and I can send a few pictures.