Sausage strips (looks like bacon)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
I saw multiple ad's for Johnsonville sausage slabs that closely resemble bacon. When bacon
has gone from $2/pound to $6/pound I was interested enough to try a package. First thing is
that it comes in 12oz packages, and it works out to 40 cents per strip, "on sale". - - - Got ONE
package and had three strips, with two eggs and some toast. - - - Oh well.

It is quite a bit better than Emperor of Burgers breakfast offerings (and Wendy's, and McDs) and
costs $2.50 for the serving. - - - That's about the most positive I can be.

Some people may be quite happy with it, but I don't occupy a slot in that line.
Not bad enough to throw out, but this will be my last purchase of their offering.

I'll stick with salad.
DAMN! I miss MANY options on the old forum software!!!

SaladB

Last edited:

eveled

Hunter
Bacon and sausage are my least favorite breakfasts meats.

I’ll take chicken livers, spam, kippers, pastrami, salami, corned beef, steak, even fried bologna first.

As long as the egg yolks are gooey. If they aren’t gooey, I’d prefer any of the above in an omlette with swiss and veggies.

KIR

Single-Sixer
Beef - Mad Cow Disease. Pigs/swine - Just like humans, they will eat just about anything. Fish - Mercury poisoning. Fowl - Avian bird diseases. Plant based foods - Pesticides.
In my old age, I have been forgetting things and have not been much of a drinking man, so I can't blame it on alcohol, but being that my choices are limited, I don't think my liver is going to like me too much in the future.
Good shootin' to y'all and stay safe, well relatively safe...
-

Diabloman

Single-Sixer
johnsonville sponsors LGBTQ I used to like Corrizo sausage. boycott....now fwiw imho

gunzo

Buckeye
Producers playing a lot of games with so called food these days. As if we weren't already bombarded with junk laden pre-processed food.

I try to avoid anything that I feel is B.S. I want what I can at least identify as real if possible. Like bone in chicken wings. No nuggets of strips for me.

Bacon & sausage are to totally different cuts & processes. And I'll leave my dining to things that have a good chance of being real.

The Soylent Green thing getting closer to reality at an exponential rate.

bookemdano

Bearcat
I'm a sausage, grave and biscuit man with a couple pieces of thick-cut
smoked bacon for desert. Add a scrambled egg cooked in the bacon grease
and I'm in heaven. Of course I can only indulge in this decadent behavior
on special occasions or my cardiologist has an apoplexy but it's one
of my favorite meals and one I hope to have the day I die.
So, that said, I don't think I'd like the dog treats in question.;)
Dano

Mobuck

Hawkeye
If you grind it fine enough and smash it hard enough--anything is possible. I haven't tried any of this product but wouldn't turn it down if offered.

Ia.redneck

Bearcat
Cholesterol won't kill you, we've been lied to for years. Sugar and processed foods are what's making everyone obese. Obesity is FAR more dangerous than your high LDL levels. Search for Dr. Ken Berry on Youtube.