SASS grip panels on a Ruger at SHOT

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
This gun was on display at SHOT & I figured I'd snap a pic of the medallion on the stocks.

mixed032.jpg

HIVO

Single-Sixer
I may be seeing the obvious here, but the serial# begins with SASS. Not knowing anything much about SASS, I think that is interesting. Thanks for the pics.
HIVO

contender

Ruger Guru
Blkhawk73 has supplied the obvious info. This pistol was one of two, (the set) they had on display. They were a nice loking set,, but I couldn't help but think they would look better with wood stocks vs the plastic ones.

contender

Ruger Guru
Don't feel too bad about missing that pair. I missed a few things too. Plus,, I actually spent some serious time trying to figure out something,, that until just this morning bugged me.
See,,,,,,,, it involved this collared base pin, stainless in the new 327 Blackhawk,, and when I removed it,,, the pin looked "odd." It appeared that the collared base pin had been made in 2 different pieces. Right under the collar,, there was this slight "ridge" that seemed to seperate the collared head from the shaft. Plus,, the polish level of the shaft was shinier than the head. Whne I studied it closely,, it appeared to be a 2 piece assy. Well, I had a few discussions with the folks in the booth & was told it's still one piece.
Then,, with a few minor doubts in the back of my head,, I was emailing Chet15 back & forth describing what I'd seen. Well, this morning,, I went into my parts bin,, to see if I had any NM stainless collared base pins. None. But I had several blued ones. I checked them all, & they too had that slight "ridge" line just under the collar. Well, I put it under a 10X loupe to study VERY closely. It was just a relief cut done on the lathe. But it sure does look like a 2 piece affair to the naked eye.
So,, my focus was on other things & I too missed a few little things,, as always.