Saints preserve US and the USA !!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
We could really use some teachers with some intelligence and some curriculum in our schools. How could these kids not know these simple questions?

http://safeshare.tv/w/oHbxeOtsOP

737tdi

Hunter
Pamela, I have watched several similar question/answer interviews like this and it is really sickening. Young adults in supposed institutes of higher learning and they have very little knowledge of general history or even important current events. How one could not know the answers to some of these questions is an attack on our educational system.

In other words, most of us would call these folks "dumb", "stupid", "ignorant" etc.. I believe they really are. I think this is why we are getting so screwed up, these folks merely listen to the squawkbox and shape their ideals through the media. They don't have the brainpower or knowledge to make a truly informed decision about anything important.

Who the hell is Snooke?

Karl

737tdi

Hunter
Selena said:
sfhogman said:
Snooki?
You don't wanna know....

Ah come on... Smashing into a parked police car in a foreign country is far more noteworthy than a little thing like who is Vice President!

Huh?? I will admit, I have heard of this girl/heathen. Only because she does hit the news. Why an intelligent person would give a crap is beyond me. This whole process we are going through is beyond me. Who gives a damn about some idiot who does idiot things with an idiot outcome? This is television? I am watching a program on global warming on PBS right now. "Climate Change by the Numbers". Very educational and interesting. I won't divert the thread due to what I'm watching. Although, I could. :lol: A cute redhead who is very fun to listen to.

Karl

Phoenix too

Blackhawk
Hmmmm, how can my computer not know how to play the video?

The state of the teaching of history in the US is abysmal. Not only is the teaching bad, the texts are worse. Read Jonathan (maybe Geoffery) Stone's book about freedom of speech/second amendment. In case I have his name wrong, given my scrambled brain, I'll dig it off the book shelf and give you to whole bit.

I have another book around here, somewhere, written circa 1850 by a Swede touring the US. Fascinating look at this country.

I would almost bet that if you went to any parochial high school and asked the same questions you would get the correct answers.
When my wife retired from teaching it was a blessing. She became a much more relaxed and livable person to be around. She was SO frustrated that teachers no longer could 'teach', but rather had to pre-teach tests that are mandated and follow some state required course, geared to the stupidest kid in the class. She couldn't fail a child even though they couldn't read or write at a fifth grade level (she taught middle school).

RSIno1

Hunter
Krucheve told us exactly how Russia was going to beat America while he was banging his shoe on the podium. Infiltrate the education system was the plan and it has worked very good. USSR no longer exists but the plan then put into action 60 years ago is coming to fruition.

Jim Puke

Hunter
Fox Mike said:
I would almost bet that if you went to any parochial high school and asked the same questions you would get the correct answers.
When my wife retired from teaching it was a blessing. She became a much more relaxed and livable person to be around. She was SO frustrated that teachers no longer could 'teach', but rather had to pre-teach tests that are mandated and follow some state required course, geared to the stupidest kid in the class. She couldn't fail a child even though they couldn't read or write at a fifth grade level (she taught middle school).

Now, Frank...don't extol the virtues of private school...you may endure their wrath. They will quickly tell you that not everyone can afford private school for their children. But, the same folks will talk about all manner of guns and other things they can afford...that obviously take precedence over their children's education and preparation for the rest of their lives. And, yes, you are correct about the children being better prepared from the parochial school.... Public school or more correctly, government school, is in the tank...that is septic tank, now. My wife has been in government school as a teacher for 12yrs and for the last 20yrs as Principal...and she will tell you that the dumbing down is due to government requirements to created parity so that all kinds are on the same level and they are so addicted to the government money until they cannot buck the system and do what is right for the kids. It is hopeless and part and parcel of what is going on in the country today...libs have had increasing control of government indoctrination for the last 50yrs and it is now time to pay the piper for us allowing this. I feel like, if your kids are in this system...after all that we know and have known for the last couple of decades...you are getting what you deserve. If ya can't afford to correctly educate them...YOU SHOULDN'T BE HAVING THEM.

PriseDeFer

Single-Sixer
You want to kill a culture you just stop passing on its history, won't take long.
We let them have the schools.