Saga of the Ruger "Pitted Stainless Steel Cylinder".

Help Support Ruger Forum:

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
I bought an old model T from the crusher, it is a in a nice cube so it will be easy to ship back to Ford, I'm expecting them to send me a restored model T.

Get real!

daveg.inkc

Hunter
steelshooterco said:
I bought an old model T from the crusher, it is a in a nice cube so it will be easy to ship back to Ford, I'm expecting them to send me a restored model T.

Get real!
Can you still get any color, as long as it's Black?

rjn

Bearcat
CraigC said:
To put it gently, this is one of the biggest head scratchin' threads I've read in a long time. :roll:

Here all along I thought it was just me confused by this thread.

Chev. William

Bearcat
Finally received the definitive Reply from Ruger: They will Not Exchange the Bad cylinder unless we send a 'Single six' revolver in with it to have Ruger Fit the New cylinder.

Oh well.
Chev. William

Chev. William

Bearcat
Yes, There were Those Who Said That.
But We Had to Try!
"Nothing Ventured - Nothing gained!"

Chev. William

Chev. William

Bearcat
daveg.inkc said:
You have to send the whole piece. And Ruger would have fixed it free.

Perhaps you do onot understand The Problem I faced.
1. The ".22 Cal Single Six" I own is Already Converted to Center Fire and ".25ACP" Cartridge use in 8 shot cylinders.
2. Ruger Said the Revolver Would be Returned to STOCK ORIGINAL Condition BEFORE they would consider fitting a Replacement cylinder to it.
3. Ruger said they would discard All my Custom Changes; including the 10-5/8" long .25ACP Barrel.

4. The Stainless steel 6-shot Cylinder was Purchased to be Re cut to .32 COLT Long (.312" case body diameter).
5. My Ruger in .32 H&R Magnum is NOT currently able to properly use a "Recessed Rim" Cylinder in Place fo the .32 H&R "Exposed Rim" cylinder because the Chamber Length makes the .32 H&R Cylinder Longer from Rear of Ratchet to Front of Chambers., but the Same length from Rear of Ratchet to Front of Center Boss.

Now Just WHICH revolver would YOU send to Ruger for the "Fitting"?

Best Regards,
Chev. William

Chev. William

Bearcat
daveg.inkc said:
You have messed this Ruger so bad,,,,you don't even know which direction to turn. I've never heard of such a mess.

How so?

d188c16b-a324-4982-a3a8-9e5006fbfc6b_zpsgzw6diji.jpg

"My 10-5/8" barrel Ruger Single Eight in .25ACP and .250ALRM"

f1930b9c-f944-4ddd-a125-6fb7b18b81c0_zpsykkazcgu.jpg

" .250 ALRx Family of cartridges
L to R: .25 Mag. Auto. (1.055" long); .250ALS (1.125" long); 6.35x28.6mmSR Cases (1.125" long);6.35x28.6mmSR loaded Round (1.395"OAL); 6.35x32mmSR cases (1.250" long); 6.35x32mmSR Loaded Cartridge (1.400" long); .250ALRX Parent Formed cases (1.380" Long) before Turning Rims (showing 'roll of brass above Rim)."
Not Shown: the Standard ".25ACP/6,35 Browning Case and cartridge of .612"/.910" Lengths".

Best Regards,
Chev. William

Chev. William

Bearcat
daveg.inkc said:
Buy a Ruger, shoot it and be Happy!!

I did, Twice; and i am Happy so far.
1st was a Used Ruger Convertible Single Six in .22LR/.22WRM. It is now a CF "Single Eight" with a 10-5/8" one turn in 9.8" .25ACP/6,35 Browning Custom Barrel.
2nd was a Used Ruger .32 H&R Magnum Single Six.

Best Regards,
Chev. William

Chev. William

Bearcat
daveg.inkc said:
I'd take up a new hobby,,,,,,,,Stamps?? Fruit jars ?? Baseball cards??

Tried Coin collecting as A youth, then Stamp collecting in my Teens. Both were Unsatisfactory to me.
Not Interested in Baseball Cards; but my Nephew has a Large collection and does Trade in Them.

Best Regards,
Chev. William

cas6969

Buckeye
I don't see how this has anything to do with Ruger at this point. You didn't buy a gun from Ruger that came with a bad cylinder. Nor did you buy a Ruger revolver second hand with a part that went bad. You bought a cylinder of unknown provenance from someone on Ebay. I don't see how Ruger has any reason to do anything for you. Heck for all you know it could be something someone fished out of a scrap metal bin, thrown away for the very issue you're concerned with. If you have any recourse, it's with the Ebay seller, not Ruger.