Sad news this morning.........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Many of y'all were kind enough to inquire about Nita's uncle, Mr. G W Nix. We received news this morning that he died last night.

Uncle G W was a WW II veteran, landed at Anzio and fought up the Italian peninsula with the Fifth Army. Your prayers for the family are solicited and greatly appreciated.

Bob Wright

powder smoke

Hawkeye
WWII vets are fading fast lost my dad not to long ago. The GREATEST Generation,
That is a true statement IMO.
Prayer for, G W Nix. ps

Pal Val

Buckeye
Join our prayers to the many others. Of the WWII vets in my family, the only one still alive and kicking is my uncle Charlie. He's 93, but in good health. My father passed 13 years ago.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear Mr. Nix has passed, Bob. We're sad that's he's gone, but should find it in our hearts to be happy as well that he's at peace now. A prayer comes from SoCal for the whole family.

Rick C

pawncop

Blackhawk
A prayer from Texas for his family and friends. May God surround all with His love, peace, and comfort during this difficult time.

w5lx

Single-Sixer
Another one of the "Greatest Generation" is gone. My sincere condolences to the family. My best friend's father also landed at Anzio and fought up the Italian peninsula. He passed away several years ago and I still miss him. He was like my 2nd father.