S&W Coming Out With New SD9 & SD40 Pistols

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mike J

Hunter
I thought some of ya'all might find this interesting. Smith and Wesson is coming out with new SD 9 & SD 40 pistols. They are supposed to fill a gap between the Sigma & the M&P series. MSRP on them is $530 which unless I'm mistaken will probably put them at about the same price point as the SR9. Here is the link http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... ent=757101

EdgeSR9

Bearcat
I checked it out.On their site look at the 360' view,and see how off the slide is to the frame.If this is their demo I wonder what I would get. :oops:

sargents1

Single-Sixer
Hmm. It kind of looks like an M&P got drunk and a Sigma took advantage...

Better than a Sigma but not quite an M&P.

I guess I am not quite sure what the point is. Did the world really need another S&W polymer gun?

M&P's are really nice and they aren't all that expensive...Is this supposed to be a lower price point?

Why only 10rd capacity?

Mike J

Hunter
Capacity I saw was 16+1 for 9mm, 14 + 1 for .40.
It is interesting to me that under technical specs the did not list a pull weight for the trigger.

427mach1

Blackhawk
M&P's are really nice and they aren't all that expensive...Is this supposed to be a lower price point?

You're right - I picked up an M&P for right around $475 (after the $50 S&W and the $50 dealer rebate), MSRP is $719. Wonder what the "real world price" will be for the new model? It looks an awful lot like the Sigma to me.

jhearne

Buckeye
Maybe this is replacing the Sigma? As for the slide being off, the rear machining is pretty close, it looks like it's supposed to be floating that high off the frame.

Personally, I thought a Glock or the Sigma were ugly guns, I'd rather have a Glock.

I don't like the melted look of the frame, it's too rounded....almost toyish. Also, the textures in the grip, you've got this almost lined tire tread textured grip on the front and back straps, the sides have an faux wood texture thing going on, and then there's the "Textured Finger Locator" thing. The cap on what looks to be the Striker Plate or whatever they're calling it is like the texture you'd find on an M&P grip. The back of the gun is smooth and too rounded, while the front angles from the rail throw the design off. It looks like a photoshop from hell to me.

Josh

EdgeSR9

Bearcat
When looking at the front(buisness end)you can see that the slide is way off center.

buster cat

Bearcat
What, if I may ask is a textured finger locator? What is it's function?

I have five on each hand and usually know where most of them are

Buster Cat........

jhearne

Buckeye
buster cat":s30003dy said:
What, if I may ask is a textured finger locator? What is it's function?

I have five on each hand and usually know where most of them are

Buster Cat........

A quick Google search shows me that it's basically a place for the index finger to rest when it's out of the trigger guard....apparently there's one on each side. Sounds like a few more bucks could've been spent elsewhere on the gun than that thing. Knowing if your trigger finger is on or off the trigger should be a pretty automatic thing to know. It's either on, or off....there is no in between. To me it's just an unnecessary feature that they may use as a selling point.

Seems Taurus is a big fan of them in their polymer guns 9mm and up.

Josh

kscott

Single-Sixer
I am kind of surprised that they now have poly guns at 3 different price points. I guess I wouldn't be overly surprised to see the sigma
fall by the wayside. I'd like to shoot an M&P sometime; ive heard a lot of good about them.

Yuck. It looks like a sad attempt to revive the Sigma / VE series. Cant believe how similar it is. Grotesque...

220900_01_md.jpg

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
welder":1vbgice5 said:
I guess I am not quite sure what the point is. Did the world really need another S&W polymer gun? {QUOTE}

+1.

+2
S&W should stay with revolvers 8)
They're good at that :shock: