Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
Here's the link to the review:
http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-SR22.htm

Pretty cool, and very accurate.

DSC08825.JPG

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
Man...all these products are making my head spin!!!!

I see myself benefiting from this because now there will be cheap factory threaded 10/22 barrels in the market. Nice

wildturk

Single-Sixer
I wish this would have been announced about a month ago. I just finished ordering parts and building a dedicated AR15 22LR. Oh, well just another excuse to buy another 22 cal Ruger I guess....

Snake45

Hawkeye
wildturk":2ddztk3c said:
I wish this would have been announced about a month ago. I just finished ordering parts and building a dedicated AR15 22LR.
You did the right thing. Trust me, you'll be much happier with your dedicated .22 AR than you would have been with a fake clone AR-wannabe 10/22, whether it's made by a factory or by a guy in a garage.

Put your money into more ammo for your new AR, and shoot it up! :wink:

I'm thinking the 625 price tag (MSRP) is just a tad steep too. I think I could build pretty much the same for less....

the funny thing, Ruger Flame here, is that on the Ruger Web sight they don't even mention 25 round magazines.... just show the standard 10 round and don't offer anything else as an accessory... come on folks! You build a 22lr rifle to look like an AR and you don't offer a real 20-30 round mag for it? They even tell you the receiver and stock are built by somebody else, how big a deal would it be to offer something like 25 round Butler Creek steel lips in black as an accessory?

It looks like a good choice on their part except for this.

ddd482

Single-Sixer
blume357":239x5zkw said:
I'm thinking the 625 price tag (MSRP) is just a tad steep too. I think I could build pretty much the same for less....

the funny thing, Ruger Flame here, is that on the Ruger Web sight they don't even mention 25 round magazines.... just show the standard 10 round and don't offer anything else as an accessory... come on folks! You build a 22lr rifle to look like an AR and you don't offer a real 20-30 round mag for it? They even tell you the receiver and stock are built by somebody else, how big a deal would it be to offer something like 25 round Butler Creek steel lips in black as an accessory?

It looks like a good choice on their part except for this.

or better yet, be able to use black dog mags-

toysoldier

Hunter
This one doesn't tempt me.

"About one customer in six is left-handed, and should not need to put in for special consideration."
Jeff Cooper's Commentaries, Vol. 1, No. 6

So, where's mine? If Ruger is all about selling guns, why don't they do what no other manufacturer does, and make a southpaw semi-auto?

9x19

Hunter
It's just a factory-built Nordic setup... I already built my own, but for those who were already thinking about one, this is another option.

1022ARtg.jpg

mekender

Single-Sixer
blume357":3nw22s4m said:
I think it is a great marketing ploy... as mentioned I just don't understand Ruger not offering high capacity mags with the rifle.

My guess... Ruger will announce their own in a few months.

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
mekender":j7w4euuj said:
blume357":j7w4euuj said:
I think it is a great marketing ploy... as mentioned I just don't understand Ruger not offering high capacity mags with the rifle.

My guess... Ruger will announce their own in a few months.

Who cares ? Ruger will have a higher price on whatever maker's mag they decide to sell. BDM has some nice 10/22 mags out. :mrgreen:

Trooperdan

Bearcat
I think they really missed the price-point on this! make it around $400 and they'd sell a ton of them! But at $625, no way! it is just a 10/22 in drag!

9x19

Hunter
MSRP is never accurate in terms of actual available price... I'd expect the SR22 to sell in the $400 range, once all those "I got it first" buyers have theirs.

jengel

Bearcat
I talked to my supplier and the shelf price will be around $500 to $525, we should have about $515 on it when we get one in.

Snake45

Hawkeye
jengel":1j3ux10c said:
I talked to my supplier and the shelf price will be around $500 to $525, we should have about $515 on it when we get one in.
So for that price you could have one of these pimped-out 10/22s, or you could have a brand-new base-model Walmart 10/22 and about 11,000 rounds of ammo to shoot in it....and the base gun will at least come with some kind of sights on it....

jhearne

Buckeye
Snake45":idhtieqs said:
jengel":idhtieqs said:
So for that price you could have one of these pimped-out 10/22s, or you could have a brand-new base-model Walmart 10/22 and about 11,000 rounds of ammo to shoot in it....and the base gun will at least come with some kind of sights on it....

Thats what gets me, no sights or optics included :(....if they threw in some decent sights it'd be worth it, but with the barrel you almost have to put some optics in there. I like it, but not enough, I'll stick to my carbine 10/22, dead reliable and iron sights are a breeze :).

Josh

9x19

Hunter
jhearne":1bqj93r7 said:
Snake45":1bqj93r7 said:
jengel":1bqj93r7 said:

Thats what gets me, no sights or optics included :(....if they threw in some decent sights it'd be worth it, but with the barrel you almost have to put some optics in there. I like it, but not enough, I'll stick to my carbine 10/22, dead reliable and iron sights are a breeze :).

Josh

Well what if you already have a standard carbine (or 5 or 6) AND 11,000 rounds or ammo? Perhaps these are not marketed just for first-time 10/22 buyers? :roll:

How much is a 77/22? What kind of sights do they have? My 10/22T didn't come with any kind of sights either..... nor do a lot of others. In fact I have a Bushmaster Optics Ready Carbine that came without any sights... since I intended to scope it from the outset why pay more for sights?

Given the cost of building one like it, the price isn't out of line at all.

10/22 carbine - $200
Nordic conversion - $220
Butt-stock $60
Grip - $25
Free-float tube - $70

Total is about $575, so an MSRP of $625 really isn't out of line. :shock: