Ruger's Fobus Holster and the SR9C

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Capt. Augustus

Bearcat
The holster arrived yesterday and fit the SR9C perfectly. The holster is a little bit long, but overall less than 1/4".

This particular holster is not shown on the Fobus website, but it is one of their Evolution paddle series. I really like the Evolution series, since I don't care for IWB holsters and most belt holsters stick out too far.

cptsdr

Bearcat
Do you know which Fobus # it is? I saw the Ruger # but couldn't tell which Fobus one matched. Also i've read that the USP compact holster works too. Any first hand knowledge on that?

SR9R9s

Bearcat
My standard SR9 works fine in the Fobus non-adjustable paddle HK-1 (which Fobus lists for standard & compact H&K USP, and standard Ruger SR9. )
Fobus website says their holster is designed to retain the gun in the trigger guard area, so the SR9C should like the HK-1...
The SR9 clicks right in, feels secure, and takes a good tug to disengage from the HK-1 Fobus holster.
When I grabbed the gun and holster to answer your question, I looked closely at the fit and noticed that the left-side mag release touches a little bump on the holster right under the trigger guard area. Hadn't noticed that before, and am not concerned that drawing the gun could cause an accidental release of the magazine. (Even with a teardown, & some TLC to the parts, the mag release on my SR9 is kinda heavy.

cptsdr

Bearcat
Thanks for the reply, seems that no manufacturer wants to commit to saying the SR9c will fit in the SR9 holsters. I just ordered an HK1.

JimB120

Bearcat
The HK1 fits the SR9c. I use the paddle version for CC, and shopruger list that model for the c modle.