Ruger's CRKT knives

Help Support Ruger Forum:

So I'm sure y'all got the email with the shopruger CRKT knives. Are they made in the USA? I looked on the website and couldn't tell, so I went to the Columbia River Knife and Tool company and still couldn't find out. They did say the knives are made on state of the art equipment...

I found some post on another forum where someone was asking about made in the USA CRKT knives (not the Ruger knives) and someone else asked if it matters. I guess it matters to me...and other people as well...

I guess I could send shopruger.com an email. I will tomorrow...

yeah it's hard to get around buying only made in the USA when it comes to TVs and electronics. I was curious about these knives. They look nice, I like the once with the revolver style pivot. It has a tiny fake cylinder at the joint.

But for something like a pocket knife, I would prefer it to be made in the USA.

Kevin said:
So I'm sure y'all got the email with the shopruger CRKT knives. Are they made in the USA? I looked on the website and couldn't tell, so I went to the Columbia River Knife and Tool company and still couldn't find out. They did say the knives are made on state of the art equipment...

I found some post on another forum where someone was asking about made in the USA CRKT knives (not the Ruger knives) and someone else asked if it matters. I guess it matters to me...and other people as well...

I guess I could send shopruger.com an email. I will tomorrow...

Unless something changed very recently, they are made in Taiwan. And I did get it from the horses mouth.

I received a CRKT knife a while back and was surprised it was not USA made. Contacted CRKT and was told all their knives are outsourced to Asia. Was also told by them to watch for counterfeit CRKT knives. What's the difference...Outsourced to Asia or bootlegged in Asia?

WAYNO.

737tdi

Hunter
Kevin, I have purchased a couple of CRKT knives and was very disappointed in their quality. Heck one of them fell apart in less then month. Never again. I'm with Jeff, I love my Kershaw knives and I received my new Moraknil survival knife yesterday and it is quite nice (made in Sweden). JMO but I would stay away from CRKT.

Karl

welder

Buckeye
I had one come apart in my pocket, never found the missing screw. It's sitting on my table now to remind me to never buy another. Replaced it with a Case sodbuster.

TitanX:
Without turning this into a political discussion, I just have to disagree with you on the made in China and quality. Those two ideas simply cannot be in the same sentence. The Chinese philosophy is profit through quantity. If they can cut corners and make something cheaper they will. They have a labor force which is mostly unskilled. They also have the problems of a rural population suddenly moving to large cities to find work as none (work) can be found in their home towns. This is causing difficulties in social services such as hospitals which cannot support the population boom. So where is their focus? On a quality knife for export or taking care of their people at home? You say this then bring firearms into the discussion. The Springfield and Taurus are not made in China and cannot be brought into the same discussion.

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
If you want something made in the USA with "RUGER" on it go ahead and get the silver stag knives. They are great quality, made in the USA - and sold in the Ruger Shop.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

"Chinese Ruger Knifelike Things" do nothing for me, either.

Since Mr. Fifer in his infinite wisdom decided I can't buy a lot of Ruger's guns simply because of where I live, he's gonna have to work a whole lot harder than house branding a bunch of stuff to get me to advertise for him...

Rick C

revhigh

Hawkeye
Rick Courtright said:
Hi,

Since Mr. Fifer in his infinite wisdom decided I can't buy a lot of Ruger's guns simply because of where I live, he's gonna have to work a whole lot harder than house branding a bunch of stuff to get me to advertise for him...

Rick C

Hmmmm .... I have several Columbia River Knife and Tool knives and have found them to be of excellent quality. Several M16's, and a couple Desert Storm lockbacks ... 3-5 years old .... Never knew where they were made. I think Schrade knives are now made in Asia as well.

REV

DGW1949

Hunter
Rick Courtright said:
Hi,

Rick C

I hear ya Rick....couldn't have said it better myself.

DGW

I also have several CRKT knives and all have given me good service. They are probably 5 or 6 years old (at least). I just now took my CRKT Pazoda out of my pocket to look it over. Can't find any markings on it as to where it was made but it is currently my EDC knife and it sharpens great and really holds an edge.

I get a knife that I think will do the job I intended it to do. If it won't do that job, it's gone. I want a knife that is easy to sharpen and will hold an edge (I know, sometimes those two things don't go together) and so far this one will do that.

I would like it to be made in the USA but if it is not, but works and wears good, who cares.

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
My main hunting knife is a CRKT Brow Tine hunter. I've had no complaints to it's functionality or durability and as far as finishing and craftsmanship goes, it's an incredible value. Like all products, I'm sure their lower end offering are just that, otherwise they seem to have a pretty good reputation.

Latest posts