Ruger's Best Revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

44RED said:
Best ????

So I am supposed to pick a favorite between Security, Service, and Speed Sixes.. between Bisleys, between Blackhawks, even GP 100's and .22 Bisleys and Single Sixes ????? Really ??

No, you're not supposed to necessarily pick your favorite or identify the most popular. The premise is that, if you have owned or had lots of experience using all of Ruger's revolvers, which would you think the Ruger designers and builders would be most proud of in terms of best design for what it was intended to be, the resulting quality, reliability, and accuracy in such a way that if Bill Ruger himself had to pick one revolver over the years that his team could be most proud of, which would that be. While the Blackhawk gets lots of votes, could it be that they would be more proud of the GP100, for example. I cannot vote because I never owned all of their models before. So it's not a thread about listing just your favorite. I jokingly mentioned that if we sent one Ruger revolver into space in the trunk of that Tesla for the aliens to study, which model would that be?

ftr53

Bearcat
Single-Six convertible, 6-1/2". Had mine since new (in June '68), with nothing done to it except to shoot it.

375supermag

Blackhawk
Hi...
Having owned and shot a fair number of Ruger handguns over the last nearly 50 years, I believe the finest best engineered and designed handgun they have yet produced is the current Flat top BlackHawks in .44Special. I was so impressed with the first one I owned, a Lipsey's that I ordered the day after they announced them that I bought a second one about a year or so ago.
These revolvers are simply excellent in form, style and function.

I don't even know how many I've had, and I like most of them. I could live with several models. The Six Series is as good as any hand gun comes, and I'd love to see Ruger bring them back out. I don't have a doubt they could make a profit on them now. They handled things other manufacturers had to beef up to handle. I'm trying to get my number of guns down, so my wife isn't overwhelmed when it's my time. But I can tell you I will still have Six series guns. She does too.

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
yankee7809 said:
There's no wrong answer for sure but the gun that always comes to my mind when someone says " Ruger " is automatically a Blackhawk.
I would only change this statement to Old Model Blackhawk, with the original Standard 22 autoloader and Old Model Single Six 'knockin' at the door'