Rugermania

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Waveform

Bearcat
Since I'm new here I thought I'd post up a few photos of some of my Ruger handguns as a way to hopefully get better acquainted. I also have Ruger long guns (M77, 10/22, GSR, 44 Carbine, 77/44, Red Labels, etc.) but they're harder for someone with my limited camera skills to photograph very well.

Here goes!

RME

Blackhawk
Wave, Welcome. Good to see you over on this side also. Great group
of guys rugering over here too.
RME

Waveform

Bearcat
RME said:
Wave, Welcome. Good to see you over on this side also. Great group
of guys rugering over here too.
RME

Hey buddy! Thanks for the welcome. I tried to join up here a few years ago but back then the system didn't like my email host so I was out of luck. Glad to see that's changed so I can do some rugering here too.

Waveform

Bearcat
Hey guys and gals - thanks for the nice comments! I may have had a few handgun photos turn out OK but I can't photograph a long gun for anything. And I've tried believe me. But I love my Ruger long guns too - just can't show 'em off very well.

I'm a tinkerer - can't help myself. The bead blasting/media blasting/Cerakote work was done my me as well as the GP100 modding. Kinda have a thing for fooling around with the GP100 - slab siding, nose jobs, etc.

Appreciate the kind words and looking forward to hanging out here.

Waveform

Bearcat
Mike Armstrong said:
Wonderful custom GPs--you need to do that for a livin'! Welcome!

Thanks Mike. I would if I could but I suspect it's kinda like the custom boat business (I'm in the marine field vocationally) where the old joke is the one about the custom boat builder who won the lottery. His friends asked him "What are gonna do with all that money?" and he replied "I'm gonna keep building boats until the money runs out!"

:mrgreen:

Waveform

Bearcat
Oh BTW - the GP100 in photo 4 (Model 1751) and the GP100 in photo 5 are the same gun. Kind of a before-and-after set.

Waveform

Bearcat
gramps said:
Don't leave those guns sitting around idle. :shock: :mrgreen: cause they are pretty. Thanks for sharing.
gramps

Oh you betcha! They all see range time, some more than others. Most of those have been shot in the last few weeks in fact. I have a few safe queens but most of my guns are shooters. I just joined a new indoor range that opened recently and I've been hitting the range at least three times a week. Good for the trigger time but ammo costs are hitting the 'ol wallet pretty hard!

I read you about the custom gun business--tough row to hoe, for sure. But (the big BUTT), you might take on a few jobs now and then just to test the waters, and then make it your retirement hobby/business when you get there. Some of us NEED to work, and I'm guessin' you are one.

Especially like the snubbed extractor rod housing on that last GP. Many people who do that job leave too much non-functional metal there. Don't approve of trying to make a GP into a J-frame Smith, but I think it could lose a little weight up front if it's gonna be an everyday carry gun (Wish Ruger would offer the half-lug versions again, but as well as the "fatties" sell, that's not gonna happen! Glad there are guys like you who can MAKE it happen.).