RUGER - WHAT'S NEXT ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Fulmanate

Bearcat
mike7mm08":zuxycdw5 said:
Well if the black diamond plate background is any indication we will be seeing yet another defense or tactical gun. Oh goody :roll:

Can I ask whats wrong with that? What would you like to see?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
There are people that want their "I wish" gun or caliber finally made by Ruger, whatever that may be.

The gun market at the moment is staying in the self-defense/tactical lane, the vast majority of guns sold now do fall into those categories.

Cowboy shooting is diminishing a little in popularity, so I doubt there will be a move in that direction for awhile. Hunting is also down a bit nationwide, if a company is selling guns, they will concentrate their efforts towards the faster selling part of the market.

That's how it is or I could just be full of.......

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
mike7mm08":3lu3195v said:
Well if the black diamond plate background is any indication we will be seeing yet another defense or tactical gun. Oh goody :roll:
Do you really expect them to do something different than their cheap-to-manufacture "HARD-R" line? Hey, metal costs money! And it's (apparently) hard to get those revolver barrels on straight. We can't have expenses cutting into the CEO's bonus, you know.

-- Sam

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Fulmanate":3qj8whgw said:
mike7mm08":3qj8whgw said:

Nothing wrong with that. Just wish Ruger would think about those who want something more traditional. Ruger has been making some neat new guns in the Hard R line. But they seemed to have forgot us dinosaurs thats all.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
mike7mm08":5pstmrh7 said:
Fulmanate":5pstmrh7 said:

Nothing wrong with that. Just wish Ruger would think about those who want something more traditional. Ruger has been making some neat new guns in the Hard R line. But they seemed to have forgot us dinosaurs thats all.

Not that I'm wanting a more "tactical"/defensive type gun, as I'm one that prefers the more traditional (#1's, Blackhawks) but they've been riding the traditional market for decades. That market isn't the strong one it once was. The big market now is the "tactical"/defensive market. Business 101 says go that route. :wink:
However, it's told this new model is a single action revolver. Guess the mall ninjas will be disappointed.

96/44

Blackhawk
I think a semi-auto shotgun would be a smart move. Super cool tactical model if you're into that, and walnut field/clays setup for the rest of us. All on the same platform.

Mike J

Hunter
I truly hope Jeff Quinn is pulling our legs. I can't for the life of me think of anyone that would want a polymer blackhawk.
I'd just about be willing to be 1911. Mas Ayoob was leaking that a while back.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
With today's technology, Ruger could put a chip in that polymer Blackhawk that makes it say "BANG!" everytime you pulled the trigger and a little red rod could pop out the barrel. :D

Hef

Bearcat
I would love to seea DA .22 revolver. There are just not many choices out there for one of these.

Fishslayer

Single-Sixer
Cheesewhiz":3p6hqy4a said:
deadduck357":3p6hqy4a said:
If it's a 1911, please let it have an external extractor and a light rail.

...and etch Kimber on the slide...Yeech... :shock:

Ah... so you WANT a $1K Ruger...

Come to think, "Ruger" WOULD look kinda cute in that swirly script... :lol:

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
The addition of a external extractor on the 1911 is the answer to a problem that never existed.

Some 1911 fans even blame the 9mm guys for push for them on 1911's a few years back, because most 9mm's have external extractors.

I'm a 9mm guy but the standard extractor (internal) has worked very well on 1911's for about a hundred years.

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
Cheesewhiz":20eu9tx4 said:
The addition of a external extractor on the 1911 is the answer to a problem that never existed.

Some 1911 fans even blame the 9mm guys for push for them on 1911's a few years back, because most 9mm's have external extractors.

I'm a 9mm guy but the standard extractor (internal) has worked very well on 1911's for about a hundred years.

Read up on some of John Browning history, he has noted that one improvement he wanted to do to the 1911 design was add an external extractor, he noted that it would increase its reliability.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
deadduck357":2mvzrx5d said:
Cheesewhiz":2mvzrx5d said:

Read up on some of John Browning history, he has noted that one improvement he wanted to do to the 1911 design was add an external extractor, he noted that it would increase its reliability.

I have read and heard that before along with a lot of other things attributed to Browning. If this was actually the case, why would the design of the Hi-Power also have an internal extractor? It wasn't until 1962 that FN started making Hi-Powers with external extractors.