Ruger Vaquero with dual cylinders

Help Support Ruger Forum:

esmart

Bearcat
I have a stainless Vaquero in .45 Colt with an additional factory cylinder in .45 ACP. Why can't I find this variation listed in the Blue Book?

JWhitmore44

Blackhawk
I don't think Ruger ever cataloged a 45/45acp Vaquero, least that is what they told me when I asked them if the could fit an acp cylinder to my Vaquero. Sounds like some one added an acp cylinder to your Vaquero. It is a sweet setup.

GaryA

Single-Sixer
Ruger did not catalog a convertible Vaquero but they did offer in .45 Colt/ACP. I had one and just saw a very nice one for sale at a local gun show. They were limited distributor special runs for maybe Lipsey's? They might have been offered through more than one distributor. I think there were some offered in both blue and stainless, if memory serves, and in 4 5/8 and 5 1/2 inch lengths.

Knuckles

Buckeye
I have said this before, but I'd like a Birdshead 3 3/4" or 4 5/8" bbl Vaquero in a convertible... I would even like to see Ruger get brave and make a double action in .45acp.

The Montado is a very slick pack'n pistol as it is, but a .45acp version would be another great choice for CCW.

I think sometimes Ruger misses the boat. :?