Ruger Vaquero 44-40

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Maverick98

Bearcat
I have four Ruger Vaqueros chambered in 44-40... Now I have heard the cylinder chambers are undersized in these pistols from the factory. Sometimes mic'd around .425-.426 while the barrels are 44special diameters.. .429-.430 Is this true for all of these models chambered in the 44-40 caliber? What is required for the fix.... do it yourself or gunsmith? Thanks for any help

While I do not know if most 44-40 cylinders for Ruger have tight throats I would check them with pin gauges and if they are tight, save yourself some expense and headache and CAS, one of the members here, ream them. He as done cylinder throats for many of us here on the forum and he does great work.

Not near as well as with a set of pin gauges. If you want to send me your address and the approximate sizes you need I'll send you some pin gauges to use then you can send them back when you are done. All it would cost you is the postage.

Robb

Maverick98

Bearcat
Robb Barnes said:
Not near as well as with a set of pin gauges. If you want to send me your address and the approximate sizes you need I'll send you some pin gauges to use then you can send them back when you are done. All it would cost you is the postage.

Robb

Robb, thanks for the offer... let me ask around here and see if anybody has any I can use. If not I will get back with you. I appreciate the offer.

Latest posts