Ruger Super Redhawk in 41 magnum?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
I don't think so in 41.
357, 44, 454, 480 yes but dont recall 41.

Hunter6657

Single-Sixer
They made the Super Redhawk in 41 Mag as well as the Redhawk with the scalloped barrel in 41 Mag. I sold a Super 41 Mag on Gunbroker in 2022 or 2023, I have the blued Redhawk 41 Mag with scope ring scallops on the barrel.

Sure they made a Super Redhawk in 41 mag. Had one for years, it a wonderful beast of a gun, I just prefer single actions over DA's. Another member here owns it now. Maybe he will see this post and add a current pic.

contender

Ruger Guru
I tried looking up the model number above,, got zip.

But I stand corrected. If Ruger made a Super Redhawk with the larger frame than the regular Redhawk,, I missed it. I'll have to contact the neighbor & let him know I was wrong.

hittman

Staff member
Ruger's web site shows the gun in the video is indeed model 5521 made in 2016

bhp9

Bearcat
One of Contender's neighbors has asked me to locate a Ruger Super Redhawk in 41 Magnum. Anyone ever heard or seen one of them?
Ruger currently makes a single action in a 6 inch barrel in .41 Magnum. Its currently on their website.

And by the way the .41 is one of my favorite handgun calibers. It recoils way, way less than a .44 magnum but still is way big enough to do a lot of damage on a deer.

Last year I found a Smith .41 magnum in the now discontinued 8 3/8th barrel and it shot like a rifle at 100 yards. I also have a newer 6 inch Smith in .41 Magnum. Its one of the least appreciated calibers because people do not know how good it really is. Load one up with hard cast bullets and they will shoot right through about any animal in North America at pistol ranges.