Ruger Super Redhawk grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mick101

Bearcat
No. The grip you are looking at at Midway is for the fixed sight 3" GP. This is shorter than all of the rest of the GP and SRH grips.

The adjustable sight GP100 and Super Redhawk have the same grip. If the SRH you buy, has the Hogue Monogrip, you will need the hardware and grip panels that go with the traditional grip as the Hogue mounts using a different setup. I have changed grips on both of my GP100s and changed grip panels on my sp101. Very simple to do if you have all the correct parts.

41magnum has a sticky where he sells very nice hand made grip panels. I have a pair I bought from him for my sp101 that are a work of art.

Also, look at ShopRuger.com under revolver accessories, double action.

ruchik

Bearcat
Hmm, darn. I was hoping to use the compact GP100 grips on a Super Redhawk. Are there any manufacturers who make a compact grip that will a Super Redhawk?

mick101

Bearcat
I may be wrong, but I don't think so. The frame under the grip on the GP 3" fixed sight was shorter. There are a lot of aftermarket grips made for Ruger revolvers though. Try the Hogue sight, you might find something that would work for you.

trapperon

Blackhawk
Actually--the compact GP grips WILL fit on a Super Redhawk. I have a set on my 44 Super Redhawk Alaskan, and love them.

Here is a little clarification--I hope:

All GP grips interchange with Super Redhawks. Standard Super Redhawk and Adjustable sighted GP's had identical grips prior to the current Hogues. The fixed sight GP had a compact grip, and its inserts were interchangeable with SP 101's.

So in your case--the compact GP grip will work, and you could either go with the black plastic SP inserts or wood as was standard in the GP series.

Hope this helps more than confuses!!

Ron

ruchik

Bearcat
trapperon, you are the messiah! That was exactly the news I was hoping to hear!