Ruger Steel ejector rod housings

Help Support Ruger Forum:

c.r.

Single-Sixer
powder smoke":1afc1vdw said:
The Vaquero's have steel the New Vaquero's I don't know ps

I only have one Vaquero, it is a CCH, 4 5/8" in 45Colt. It has an aluminum ERH. per Ruger's website, this revolver was made in 1999.

There was a thread about this a little while back. There was a cutoff where Vaquero ERH's changed from aluminum to steel.

I will say, that the balance of my gun with the short barrel, aluminum ERH, and steel grip frames make it one of my favorite blanced rugers.

I'll try to find that thread.

~c.r.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
8) FYI... I Could not resist and needed to verify + wanted to change out a tip worn alloy housing on the "new" Hawkeye 256 WM. So, into the stash and here's the deal. I had ordered said steel housing some years ago.(From Ruger) New in blister pack: Catalog number on the pack, above the bar code symbol is:
MR02208B; Bar code numbers are: 7 36676 90178 4 ......This is STEEL. I have used this same housing on Super Blackhawks and Blackhawks. This new housing fit perfectly on the Hawkeye. :wink: :)

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
HAWKEYE#28":12v8zod2 said:
8) FYI... I Could not resist and needed to verify + wanted to change out a tip worn alloy housing on the "new" Hawkeye 256 WM. So, into the stash and here's the deal. I had ordered said steel housing some years ago.(From Ruger) New in blister pack: Catalog number on the pack, above the bar code symbol is:
MR02208B; Bar code numbers are: 7 36676 90178 4 ......This is STEEL. I have used this same housing on Super Blackhawks and Blackhawks. This new housing fit perfectly on the Hawkeye. :wink: :)

Well yours may have been steel but the one I had with that part number a magnet would not stick to :?:

boomslang

Bearcat
Does anybody know if the steel ERH's are old stock and Ruger is selling them off, and when they are gone there will be no more?!?!? :shock:

I ordered a steel ERH for my 7 1/2 and the 10" Noticeable difference in weight and they just have a different look.

I am glad you got it worked out.

That is unfortunate that the manager was not nicer on the phone.

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
boomslang":1olux06v said:
Does anybody know if the steel ERH's are old stock and Ruger is selling them off, and when they are gone there will be no more?!?!? :shock:

I ordered a steel ERH for my 7 1/2 and the 10" Noticeable difference in weight and they just have a different look.

I am glad you got it worked out.

That is unfortunate that the manager was not nicer on the phone.

Yeah the steel EJH I got looks just like the alloy part in finsh. It's black not blued. But at least it's steel. As far as the Mgr goes. Not much that can be done about him. I'm just glad I go the right part. Even though I may have to blue it to match the gun.