Ruger Standard/Mk I & Mk II Magazine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I purchased the magazine with the box in the picture below and am curious. Did Eaton manufacture this magazine? Of was this an OEM magazine just in the Eaton box….it appears to be a factory magazine so my ultimate question would be, Did Eaton manufacture the OEM magazines for Ruger?

Any insight is always appreciated!

Thanks

Attachments

• 3D615A24-7977-4A38-8F1A-46FB56F72CF0.jpeg
    3D615A24-7977-4A38-8F1A-46FB56F72CF0.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 64
my guess is a later knock off,copy, as its 10 shot and the RSTs and Mk Is were 9 shots and the ones we always saw were in white boxes.....wouldl have to do a real hard look at,comparison, as that is a good question as to just who did make them...I recall many years ago there were knock offs in plain white boxes, but when "compared" to factory, not close...........poor quality, and materials....

Comparing it side by side with a known factory magazine, the quality looks better, the chrome on the base is much better than factory IMO….and it works. I would disagree with quality being "iffy"

In a previous post that I found on the forum from 2018, it was stated another manufacturer of magazines that "Ruger obtained a cease and desist order for Eaton manufacturing company in Anaheim, CA and were manufactured there. The mags were a dead ringer for the Ruger factory mags. They were 10 rounds cap and exhibited top notch fit and finish. You seldom encounter them now"

I agree with the fit and finish comment based on the example that I have and it makes sense if someone was building a better quality mag for less money that the old man would get his lawyers after them, he never worried about inferior quality products as he believed the market would take care of those manufacturers.

I consider this mag to be interesting addition to my collection.

Last edited:

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
Have never came across a Eaton magazine before. I remember seeing those other plain white box knockoff magazines years ago at gunshows. They were very poor quality. I do have a 12 round Ramline magazine thats appears to well made and work good. I had two plastic 14 round Ramline magazines that were total junk and got rid of them. I also have two AMT Lightning magazines that also appear to be well made, but I have never tried to use them. Mec-Gar makes a well made and good working replacement magazine and is about $10.00 cheaper than factory Ruger magazines.

CHEVYINLINE6.

I have to somewhat agree with contender. I have some Eaton MKII magazines and they seem to work okay but normally do not hold the bolt open on the last shot.

I believe that Eaton made the AMT magazines but I could be wrong.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
I have two AMT Lightning pistol magazines. Both of mine are stainless steel and have the same pattern as Ruger MK 2 magazines, not the older style like used in A100 frame Ruger pistols.

CHEVYINLINE6.

amishjeff

Bearcat
Eaton WAS a distributor for Ruger clone mags but were ordered to cease production due to copyright issues I think so I don't know if that is a nos one or maybe a copy. Hope it works well.

Latest posts