Ruger Standard front & rear sights needed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hognfrog

Bearcat
I have an old Ruger Standard that I need to repair. I need both the front and rear sights. I prefer OEM but realize they may be next to impossible to find. I have read that there are other "adjustable" rear sights available but everything I have read says I would need to install a huge, tall front sight which I don't want to do.
I recently purchased a couple of Mark IV and started target shooting & I want to repair this "old" ruger standard get it back to the range to shoot.

contender

Ruger Guru
And if Ruger can't help,,, place a WTB ad here in the Forum Classifieds. Those parts may be easier to find than you think.

hognfrog

Bearcat
I wrote to Ruger.com Via customer service explaining that I have a Ruger Standard 4 3/4" barrel that has a old MMC adjustable rear sight and a damaged ( Filed down?) front sight and I would like it returned to original configuration. Should hear from them within 3 days.

hognfrog

Bearcat
contender said:
A polite phone call will be quicker & usually get a very positive response.
Ruger responded with a phone # to contact "Joe", a representative for Ruger who after getting my Serial# and seeing that I have been a long time customer and buyer of Ruger Firearms did a quick search and is sending me "NEW" front and rear sights FREE so I can return this old pistol to its original configuration.
So you were right a phone call made everything easy and the parts should be here in a couple of days.

woodsy

Blackhawk
hognfrog said:
contender said:
A polite phone call will be quicker & usually get a very positive response.
Ruger responded with a phone # to contact "Joe", a representative for Ruger who after getting my Serial# and seeing that I have been a long time customer and buyer of Ruger Firearms did a quick search and is sending me "NEW" front and rear sights FREE so I can return this old pistol to its original configuration.
So you were right a phone call made everything easy and the parts should be here in a couple of days.
Yet another instance of Ruger going the extra mile and a half, and sending out parts FREE!!! Let's hear about other makers doing the same. They (Ruger) did the same for me, twice!

contender

Ruger Guru
Gee,,, an "I told ya so" isn't polite! :D :D :D

Glad to know they are taking care of things. Kinda figured they would if they had the parts.

hognfrog

Bearcat
Follow up, Ruger had a little delay in finding the rear (non-adjustable) sight, but a couple of days ago they showed up in my mailbox. Front sight needs to be drilled for the cross pin and then will be ready to install both front and rear.
NO charge for parts or shipping.
Thanks Ruger, soon my Ruger Standard Mark I will be back to original and at the range.

hognfrog

Bearcat
Update: New front and rear sights installed.
My 1979 Ruger Standard is back to original and ready to shoot again.

hognfrog

Bearcat
Photo of my 1979 Ruger Standard
Ruger%20and%20Box_zps20xfggqy.jpg

Hondo44

Hawkeye
hognfrog said:
Follow up, Ruger had a little delay in finding the rear (non-adjustable) sight, but a couple of days ago they showed up in my mailbox. Front sight needs to be drilled for the cross pin and then will be ready to install both front and rear.
NO charge for parts or shipping.
Thanks Ruger, soon my Ruger Standard Mark I will be back to original and at the range.

Ruger's policy is to send free any parts under $25 value.