RUGER SR9c Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dbuffington1

Bearcat
I purchased a Ruger SR9c assembled stainless steel guide rod from Galloway Precision. This is the double spring assembly that snaps into the barrel in your slide. My question is when mine is inserted in the hole in the front of the slide it is flush at the top on the outside of the slide but at the bottom it sticks out about a 1/16 th of a inch. I spoke with Galloway and they said this was normal due to the fact that their is no bend in this stainless steel assembly as their is with the plastic assembly.

Some-one on here must have one of these on the Ruger and i'am just hoping they can confirm what Galloway has said about the way it fits.

I do not have a camera so I can not take pictures. Sorry

dbuffington1

Bearcat
Bearcat. I can not thank you enough. The picture say's it all. The problem that I had with it was the cap on the one I bought from Galloway was not aligned up when I got it and it would not fit in the gun. I was told by Galloway that this happens & you will half to center the cap with a soft plastic & make sure it is centered before you install it. I did not like that at all but he was right. I also bought a stainless striker and a heavy spring and a stainless pin kit. Everything installed with ease.