Ruger SR9 Sight Pics Please??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

seniorxj

Bearcat
.. I've been using neon acrylic sight paint & no matter what I try, color or design, I still cannot get both target & front sight to align accurately. Many have said the best solution is to try a set of the sights ur looking for on anothers pistol, or go to the store, but that's proven to be difficult!

.. So here's my simple & easy question for all of u nice Ruger owners, if you have a set of aftermarket sights on ur Ruger SR9, would you Please oh Please post up a few pics?? Especially in low light, indoor range shooting, & some night & day pics would help as well.

.. Sights im looking at are,
1) Truglo TRX; 2) Trijicon Yellow/Orange HD Night Sight Set; 3) Trijicon SR9 Night Sight Set With White Rings; 4) Meprolight Tru-Dot Night Sight Fixed Set.

rugerguy211

Single-Sixer
I don't have an SR9, but do have TruGlo sights on both my LC9 and LC9s. I also have Williams Fire Sights on my SR22.
If I understand your problem, it does not seem to me the Mepro or Trijicon sights will fix the issue. They are both night sights, with white dots/rings for daytime use. If you're having trouble lining up with white, and other colors in day light, those will be the same situation.
The TruGlo sights are fiber optic and tritium, so they light up in day light or in darkness.
The Williams light up like a neon sign in daylight.
If this is making sense, let me know and I'll try to post some pictures for you.
Also, there are several good reviews on line which compare the sights we're talking about.
Here's one:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/08/josh-santomieri/glock-sight-comparison-ameriglo-vs-meprolight-vs-truglo-tfo/

seniorxj

Bearcat
Nearly a 100 views & not a single pic?

My research is the same with Google cause all u find is spruced up pics of the suppliers and there enhanced pics & claims.

Then go on YouTube & u find 19yr olds who cant work a camera or sights mounted on a Glock whick are designed different.

Last is the shops & pawn stores who have em packaged up so that there hard to get a good look. All I want is a stinkin pic with the sights mounted to the SR9, prefferably at an indoor range.

Ok rant over & I'm sorry, just fustrated!

seniorxj

Bearcat
rugerguy211 said:
I don't have an SR9, but do have TruGlo sights on both my LC9 and LC9s. I also have Williams Fire Sights on my SR22.
If I understand your problem, it does not seem to me the Mepro or Trijicon sights will fix the issue. They are both night sights, with white dots/rings for daytime use. If you're having trouble lining up with white, and other colors in day light, those will be the same situation.
The TruGlo sights are fiber optic and tritium, so they light up in day light or in darkness.
The Williams light up like a neon sign in daylight.
If this is making sense, let me know and I'll try to post some pictures for you.
Also, there are several good reviews on line which compare the sights we're talking about.
Here's one:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/08/josh-santomieri/glock-sight-comparison-ameriglo-vs-meprolight-vs-truglo-tfo/

If u could please o please take some pics in low light like an indoor range, or sitting in ur living room while aiming, (make sure its clear), that would be awesome!! Daylight & night pics would help too.

rugerguy211

Single-Sixer
Well, I'm no 19 year old, but I'm not sure if my camera skills are any more up to the challenge. :)
I took a bunch of pics, and will post the best ones later today. When I post each, I'll describe them as best I can.
Stay tuned.

rugerguy211

Single-Sixer
Here's one that approximates the lighting of an indoor range. It's blurry, but it's the best I could get without a tripod. I hope they help.
my%20estimation%20of%20indoor%20range%20lighting_zpsmy9ml6ck.jpg

This is pitch dark, in my basement. The camera was set to a slower shutter speed so the sights seem to really light up. They are not quite as bright as they appear in this pic.
pitch%20dark%20-%20slower%20setting_3_zpsfwnktgl3.jpg

This is with filtered sunlight coming from the window in front of me, in my office at home.
filtered%20sunlight%20in%20front%20-%20office_zpsnpeoo0p4.jpg

This is with filtered sunlight coming from the window behind me, in my office at home.
filtered%20sunlight%20behind%20-%20office_zpsoaouraeo.jpg

Outdoor, bright sun light behind me.
outside-bright%20sun%20behind_zpsddakdi8j.jpg

Outdoor, bright sunlight in front of me.
outside-bright%20sun%20in%20front_zpstpwko9tk.jpg

seniorxj

Bearcat
Picked up a set of Truglo Tfx sights for my SR9. We'll see how it goes after I pick it up from the smith tom!