Ruger SR45 Firing Issue (Maybe)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hello,
I'm a relatively new firearm owner and purchased a used Ruger SR45 (beautiful) which, as I have read and was told, is a striker fired pistol. However, when attempting to test the firearm at home (dry fire only, magazine inserted empty), I noticed the following happens:

1. I pull the trigger.
2. The trigger smoothly pulls but...
3. The trigger gets "stuck" in the depressed position.

In other words, the trigger does not snap back like it does on other striker fired Rugers I have used. The only way to properly reset the trigger is to rerack the slide. I'm not sure if this is unique to this Ruger production, or if there is something wrong with the trigger. The LC9s I have, along with the Ruger 45 American I've used (more modern firearms) both reset normally while dry firing. I searched online for quite sometime but was unable to find the answer and don't yet know enough as to how to diagnose a problem if one exists.
Thanks so much and I'm sorry if this is addressed before, or if it's a ridiculous newbie question (I am one, trying to not be one a little less each day).

-Mike

Armybrat

Buckeye
Not a ridiculous question at all, and welcome to the forum.
That is the normal trigger position when the gun is empty and the trigger has been pulled while dry firing.
See my SR9 below.
But be careful, the manual says not to dry fire your SR without an empty magazine inserted in the gun.
CF34F7D5-5322-4E72-87DB-7021BF6B3353.jpeg

pyth0n

Buckeye
The trigger will not reset until you rack the slide. I only have the SR45 as a striker fired Ruger, so I'm not familiar with any other where the trigger resets with out racking the slide.
My Glocks, Springfield & Kahrs work the same way.

Latest posts