Ruger SR-556 CLA 5.56 Piston, Chrome-Lined - Sold

Help Support Ruger Forum:

egl52

Single-Sixer
I'm selling a Ruger SR-556 CLA (Carbine Light Adaptable) chambered in 5.56/.223 Remington. I'm asking $800 for it plus $30 shipping. I've owned this rifle for a few years and shot it very little – no more than a couple hundred rounds. It's got a few minor scuffs here and there consistent with a rifle that's been taken to the range a few times, but it's in great shape. It's been 100% reliable and pretty accurate too. I was getting 5-shot groups around an inch with Hornady V-Max ammo, but I make no accuracy guarantee. This is widely considered to be the best version of the SR-556. It's much lighter that the others with its fluted barrel – only 7.17 pounds, which for a piston gun is very good. And the 14.5" barrel with integral flash hider – bringing the total barrel length just over 16" – makes it nice and compact. I'll include one, 30-round Magpul P-Mag. (I've got a bunch more brand-new ones that I'll sell for $10 each if you're interested.) I have the factory paperwork still, but not the box or the cheap soft case that these came with. I haven't signed up for a new image hosting site after the Photobucket fiasco, but I can email you pictures.

Here is a description of the rifle from Ruger:
– Two-stage piston provides a cleaner, cooler running, reliable firearm with superior operating endurance. The two-stage piston provides a smooth power deliver stroke to the bolt carrier.
– The four-position gas regulator can be adjusted for optimum reliability and superior operating endurance. The gas system may be closed completely for manual operation during training or when using a suppressor.
– Lightweight, adaptable handguard w/ user-configurable rails and rail covers.
– Cold hammer-forged, chrome lined Mil-Spec 41V45 barrel ensures accuracy and longevity. Features a 1 in 9" right hand twist with 6 grooves and is threaded 1/2"x28. Features an integral (i.e. non-removeable) A2 flash hider.
– Bolt carrier group features a chrome-plated bolt, one-piece bolt carrier and extractor.

Here is a breakdown of the upgrades I have performed on this rifle:
– Replaced Hogue grip with Magpul MOE grip.
– Replaced M4-style buttstock with a Magpul MOE. The original was cheap, and it rattled.
– Replaced factory, mil-spec trigger with PSA's EPT (Enhanced Polished Trigger). The original was very heavy, and this one is a good improvement.
– Replaced factory charging handle with an ambidextrous model in the style of the Radian Raptor. It's not a Raptor, but I have two of the Raptors and this one is almost an exact copy.

PLEASE READ ALL THAT FOLLOWS CAREFULLY:
It will be $30 for shipping to anywhere in the continental US that this rifle is legal, though it will probably cost me more than that. Shipping would be more to Alaska. The rifle will obviously ship to your FFL. If your dealer requires that the rifle come from another FFL-holder I'll have to charge you an extra $25 to cover the fee my dealer will charge me.

This rifle cannot ship to California and probably can't ship to a few other states these days either – New York might be a no-go. Ultimately it is your responsibility to know whether this rifle and the magazine are legal where you live! If, after delivery, your dealer tells you that you cannot take ownership of the rifle because of local regulations that is your problem! If you're in an area where high-capacity magazines are illegal (I understand this currently includes CA, CO, CT, HI, MA, MD, NJ, NY, and parts of IL) I will not ship the magazine to you, though you're still welcome to purchase the rest.

I will accept cashier's checks, money orders, or personal checks (anything but USPS money orders will be held for 7 to 10 business days until they clear my bank). I might be willing to work out a discreet PayPal payment, but contact me about that. Please contact me with questions also. I'm not interested in trades at this time, or in offers for less than my asking price.

egl52

Single-Sixer
I listed this rifle on gunbroker today. Check it out here if you're interested: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796655193

egl52

Single-Sixer
New price drop - $800 including shipping! To the continental US (where legal, obviously).

egl52

Single-Sixer
A friend of mine will be letting me know this Sunday if he can put the cash together, so for now I'll consider it sold pending funds.