Ruger Small Frame 44 Special (NVB-444 or 445) Out Yet?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1ruger

Single-Sixer
Is the Ruger's small frame 44 Special available yet?

I know Lipsey's exclusive models are available but what about as part of Ruger's standard Blackhawk line? I see models NVB-444 and 445 in their web site but I don't see them on any shelves around here.

UnderDawgAl

Bearcat
Your question has prompted me to finally join this forum, after many months of lurking.

Like you, I have been patiently awaiting the arrival of the 44 Specials shown in the 2010 catalog. My guess is that I won't see one till the first quarter of next year. I'd like one with the 4 5/8" barrel.

I finally had a chance to buy a Lipsey 44 Spl locally, but the dealer was asking $599 OTD. They had already sold two at that price. That was about 80 bucks too high for me.

I'm sure someone here will post a notice as soon as they see a non-Lipsey 44 in stock somewhere.

UnderDawgAl

Bearcat
Yep. Unfortunately, the end of first quarter 2010 is 3 months and 3 weeks away.

Seriously, I'm guessing it'll come available after the SHOT Show in late January.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I know in the past years, there's been a big push to get stuff out early and it seems it's often around the first of April. They've gone Lean manufacturing so that may change production schedules a lot.